Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5) Jonathan Taylor Rb Indianapolis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I know some are very, very expectant on who will be #1

So we will look at it in a DYNASTY point of view.

Make a pick, and then let us know why....

maverick824

I posted this in Hired Guns chat, but will also comment here.

Clyde has best situation of the RB's immediately, and only Dobbins can argue situation longer term. Agreed with ER that Clyde's a pass catching back in an Andy Reid offense. All of the backs have competition, but Clyde's can't seem to stay on the field for long stretches. I will never trust a Wisconsin RB in the NFL past a few years, as they put mileage on them and they never seem to pan out in the NFL. Won't trust Detroit to commit to a RB, even if he is as talented as Swift. And I love Dobbins and the situation, but he will be battling Ingram to get on the field, and once he does, Lamar will still be the most dangerous running threat in that offense. I actually like all three top QB's longer term, but I can't see anyone realistically drafting them #1 over the RB's. I think this is a super deep draft, and a savvy owner can grab a couple of these WR's later on in the drafts and feel really good.

ExperiencedRookie

I posted this in Hired Guns chat, but will also comment here.

Clyde has best situation of the RB's immediately, and only Dobbins can argue situation longer term. Agreed with ER that Clyde's a pass catching back in an Andy Reid offense. All of the backs have competition, but Clyde's can't seem to stay on the field for long stretches. I will never trust a Wisconsin RB in the NFL past a few years, as they put mileage on them and they never seem to pan out in the NFL. Won't trust Detroit to commit to a RB, even if he is as talented as Swift. And I love Dobbins and the situation, but he will be battling Ingram to get on the field, and once he does, Lamar will still be the most dangerous running threat in that offense. I actually like all three top QB's longer term, but I can't see anyone realistically drafting them #1 over the RB's. I think this is a super deep draft, and a savvy owner can grab a couple of these WR's later on in the drafts and feel really good.
Agree on the WR point

I like some of the projected late round 1 guys as much as the early dudes. I don’t see a ton of difference in value between a guy like Jeudy and players like Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, Raegor

Lamb is my favorite WR talent in this class, but I hate his landing spot. Cooper is obviously the #1, and Gallup has proven that he can play. I don’t see how there’s enough targets in the foreseeable future to make him a safe weekly start.

I also have very little interest in Ruggs. The Raiders QB situation is far below average. He needs to be Hopkins level talented in order to blossom into a stud. I’d take Mims, Jefferson, Raegor, and Higgins over him

Phicinfan

Administrator
Agree on the WR point

I like some of the projected late round 1 guys as much as the early dudes. I don’t see a ton of difference in value between a guy like Jeudy and players like Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, Raegor

Lamb is my favorite WR talent in this class, but I hate his landing spot. Cooper is obviously the #1, and Gallup has proven that he can play. I don’t see how there’s enough targets in the foreseeable future to make him a safe weekly start.

I also have very little interest in Ruggs. The Raiders QB situation is far below average. He needs to be Hopkins level talented in order to blossom into a stud. I’d take Mims, Jefferson, Raegor, and Higgins over him
Not so sure on dropping Lamb's value too much.
To me this was a three way move for Dallas - 1) Gallup can get banged up and is going to be expensive when his rookie deal is done, 2) they just spent a boat load on Cooper, so can't afford to pay Gallup big money, 3) I agree with most Lamb to me was definately one of the best Wrs, so to have your #2 ready THIS year, to take over for Gallup or maybe cover for Cooper....was good draft sense by Dallas - and you have no idea how much I hate to praise Dallas.

No, the ONLY fear I have of Lamb's value dropping, is Zeke. If they finally do extend Dak, they will want to protect that asset as much as possible and make Zeke EARN his deal. I can see them riding Zeke like a donkey this and next year which will detract some from the passing game, and take some balls away from Lamb and Gallup.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I went with Joe because of his much longer career life over the RB's. I never considered Tua due to his unknown career life.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I had to agree with the Joe Burrow choice, and here is why.
1) He will start right away, so he has value now and long term
2) unlike alot of young Qbs the Bengals aren't that bad - they have solid Wrs and a solid Rb, and OL should be much better this year
3) as pointed out above, Rbs life span can be very limited, so some will have awesome value short term, but not as long as most Qbs
4) more and more leagues have scoring that favors Qbs, and Burrow will be in a pass happy offense patterned off of Rams offense with Zach Taylor.

Net, I think long term over all in a dynasty atmosphere, a really good young Qb is gold. Tua could have been here if not for the consistent injury issues. But Burrow looks for now as the real deal