Brown released... What is next for the Diva?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So that was a wild ride! Brown's time with the Raiders is over before he played a down. Wow!

So what is next for him? You know some team out there will be willing to take a shot here... But Who?

This smells like a NE move. Carolina? Philly? Jville? SF? Chicago? NO?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NE is first to me in my mind. Bellicheck will keep him in line most likely

Carolina...nope, HC won't put up with his act, Philly, nope they are very deep at Wr. SF is a thought.

Phicinfan

Administrator
You know that is a scary idea, what happens to mind set of Josh Gordon is the A. Brown circus comes to town??

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay me spitballing here with no idea of cap space....

Places for A. Brown to go....

Cincinnati - A.J. Green on last year of deal I believe, and he would play Pittsburgh twice a year. What an offense they would have with Green, Brown and Boyd

Kansas City - Hill, Williams and Brown...OMG - and Reid has experience with Divas like Owens

Saints - I know the cap space won't work, but Kamara, thomas and brown....Oh MY!!!

Dallas - Yup, by Amari, welcome the new future in A.Brown

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Antonio Brown has agreed to terms with the New England Patriots.

1 year up to 15 million dollar deal with a 9 million dollar signing bonus

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
well, that didn't take long! The smell was right, this had a 1 yr NE deal all over it. Brown can now chase a ring and prove his worth and go back to the market next year with a year to rebuild his shattered image.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Where there's smoke and maybe because they are known for being cheaters on more than one occasion. By Hook or Crook... And. well hell Khan, it gives us all yet another reason to hate the Pats. Then there's the fun aspect of it all. Pick your poison, I can think on many reasons...

Phicinfan

Administrator
No I don’t think so. I would NOT be surprised if this whole deal was orchestrated by Brown to get off the raiders and pick his own team though

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.
    That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

Source: NFL on ESPN on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Antonio Brown's one-year contract with the Patriots includes a fully guaranteed $20-million option for 2020.

rotoworld.com

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wow... Cival suit filed against Brown for rape of a former friend and personal trainer... News on this dirt bag just keeps getting worse.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lawyer for Brown now threatening a counter law suit, Brown through his lawyer says they had a consensual relationship and this is nothing but a money grab.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
So Brown doesn't think it's possible for a man to rape his wife, girlfriend, or woman he is having a consensual relationship with?

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, per PFT some of this could move very quickly.

First, the witness who filed the claim has made it clear through her lawyers she is willing to cooperate with the NFL.
Second, the NFL does not need to wait for any court case, they can investigate now, and if Commissioner feels there is any proof, can place Brown on the suspension list as this works its way out.
Third, Brown has already admitted to a "relationship" between the two, so this isn't some out of the blue hoax per say.