AFC Championship Game

cctekguy

Staff member
Pats take care of business on their first drive.

I picked the Pats but since the Rams stole the NFC title, I'm all in on the Chiefs.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
It should never have gotten to OT. They were on the 16 or so, they should have went for the win. You have not stopped the Patriots on their last three drives, what makes you think you can again if they win the toss?

Walter34

Ugh, I hate the pats more because enough already - 18 years of dynasty is brutal. Its boring and time for someone new and a bit of a question as to who will win. Really wanted the chiefs to win.

But both games came down to a single play (a few plays in the Pats \ Chiefs case)

Dee Ford - WTF? Game over if that doesn't happen.
Then, have to give them their due - 3rd and long multiple times down the stretch and the Pats kept converting clutch plays. Got to hand it to them
Belichek as usual containing the opposition - mostly taking Hill out of the game and out coaching the opponent. The guy is unbelievable how much better he is than everyone else.

The saints - sorry Mud. Yes it was PI but there was also a number of other self inflicted wounds that also caused the loss. There were many points where the Saints could have sealed it - one stolen away from the incompetent ref and also the horrible play calling down the stretch. How did the Rams stop both Kamara and Thomas in the 2nd half? Damn

Worst scenario for me as I wanted a Chiefs \ Saints SB

cctekguy

Staff member
Worst scenario for me as I wanted a Chiefs \ Saints SB

Lots of other scenarios I would have liked to seen.

Bears/Ravens would have been great. A Philly/NE rematch would have been good. Saints/Chiefs, Saints/NE, KC/Rams, Rams/Chargers, Indy/Saints, ALL would be better than the one we got.

We got the two biggest markets in the NFL and somehow that doesn't surprise me.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If the NFC Championship game doesn't make you wonder IF the NFL fixes contest then nothing will. They wanted to vagabond Rams and they got them with the worst non-call in championship history.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
There is absolutely no way they can go back and replay the last 2 minutes or reverse the decision. It would completely open Pandora's Box in the league.

It's not the first time a blown call has screwed a team and it definitely won't be the last.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I agree Khan. They will not do either. They have a useless rule that allows it to be done but they are scared to use their own rules. Proof positive, to me at least, that the fix was in. It is what it is.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay this is the AFC championship thread - and I still say KC screwed up kicking the FG with 16 secs left at the 16 instead of going for TD. Yes they had no time outs, but they haven't stopped Brady so N.E. wins toss and you FG is meaningless.

JScott

Administrator
Okay this is the AFC championship thread - and I still say KC screwed up kicking the FG with 16 secs left at the 16 instead of going for TD. Yes they had no time outs, but they haven't stopped Brady so N.E. wins toss and you FG is meaningless.

They did take one shot into the endzone from the 16 and it was an ugly execution. That, and having a 50-50 shot at the coin flip likely had them looking to OT instead.

Walter34

coin toss is 50\50. Is 1 play from the 16 yd line for a TD better than 50\50? I don't think so. Also on the drive, Brady converted 3 separate 3rd and 10s. Everytime I thought the Chiefs were in a spot to stop them, but they kept converting. They were so close to getting that ball back.

cctekguy

Staff member
Rule of Thumb has always been: Play for the tie at home and play for the win on the road.

I can't question the football savvy that went into this decision.