The NEW line up Doctor is IN!

hikeNbike

Morning. Warning this is totally out of left field but we have some crazy scoring aspects in this league.

Tavon Austin vs Seahawks or Ted Ginn vs Jags at returner. Returners get 1 pt for every 10 yards and then get it supplemented by 1 pt every 10 yards receiving but don't get a point per reception.

Almost no info on returners. Think I drafted a pretty good squad but this one scoring quirk may be tough to deal with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Morning. Warning this is totally out of left field but we have some crazy scoring aspects in this league.

Tavon Austin vs Seahawks or Ted Ginn vs Jags at returner. Returners get 1 pt for every 10 yards and then get it supplemented by 1 pt every 10 yards receiving but don't get a point per reception.

Almost no info on returners. Think I drafted a pretty good squad but this one scoring quirk may be tough to deal with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I think Seattle will have fits against St. Louis, and have in the past. So more returns on punts for St. Louis than expected. Could be a FG game. I also am not sure Ginn will stay at returner, as they will need him at Wr. So I would lean Austin here.

Arctic Dawgs

OK Doc, Is your duty anyhow so I may as well ask it here.

Wanted to see if Dallas was going to play with their new toy but looks like it maybe a week or two before he will dress so we need a flex

Cody Latimer vs Bal, Looks to be mostly 2 TE sets and we have Sanders (who will also be getting Ret yds) going. We could put out 2 Den WRs and bank on a big game for Peyton

Robert Woods vs Ind, Looks to split targets with Harvin

Jared Cook vs Sea, Cam prolly not there but could be stuck trying to block Sea D-Line. might be Foles #1 target. Sea D will be on a tear after getting embarrassed by all the trick plays in the loss last year

Mychal Rivera vs Cin, Not sure here

To All Others.

This is how you ask your questions, do some of your own research and include that info. Phic is volunteering to do a service for us all. Do not expect him to be your secretary doing your research trying to find depth charts/inury status/opponents/home away/etc......

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I think it's extremely important for the questioner to state what defense his player is up against as you provided. PhiCin should not beat his brains out to answer questions that do not provide basic information.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
OK I got one... It's a .5 ppr league -

Ivory vs Cleveland or Hyde vs Minny?

Kinda leaning towards Ivory right now

Phicinfan

Administrator
OK Doc, Is your duty anyhow so I may as well ask it here.

Wanted to see if Dallas was going to play with their new toy but looks like it maybe a week or two before he will dress so we need a flex
Everything I read and see is play Randle now, and then get ready to move to Michaels later.

Cody Latimer vs Bal, Looks to be mostly 2 TE sets and we have Sanders (who will also be getting Ret yds) going. We could put out 2 Den WRs and bank on a big game for Peyton
I am slightly leery of Latimer just yet. It will be a run heavy game, so Anderson and I think Hillman are plays, but I am not sure if Latimer takes the catches lost by J.Thomas and Welker or if D.Thomas, Sanders and Rbs get more. Owen Daniels could be the sneaky start here.

Robert Woods vs Ind, Looks to split targets with Harvin
You heard it here first, love Woods much more than Harvin in this offense. Woods to be the under possession receiver.

Jared Cook vs Sea, Cam prolly not there but could be stuck trying to block Sea D-Line. might be Foles #1 target. Sea D will be on a tear after getting embarrassed by all the trick plays in the loss last year
Nope don't play Cooks they need the blocking help to keep Foles healthy.

Mychal Rivera vs Cin, Not sure here
Love Te's against Cincy defense, for whatever reason they seem to do well, or at least have in the past.

So for us, since you are asking.....I would go Rivera, then Woods, then Latimer, then Cooks, in that order

Phicinfan

Administrator
OK I got one... It's a .5 ppr league -

Ivory vs Cleveland or Hyde vs Minny?

Kinda leaning towards Ivory right now
I would go Ivory as well. Minny defense is on the rise, and San Fran needs the O-line to get in sync after losing key pieces.

jjtweeks

Kelce vs jj Swat and company
Rastefarian Jenkins vs Titans
Going with jenkins but interested to hear the Doc's prescription

Phicinfan

Administrator
Kelce vs jj Swat and company
Rastefarian Jenkins vs Titans
Going with jenkins but interested to hear the Doc's prescription
Okay, I have to admit one of my pet peeves, playing a rookie in any position that relies on a rookie Qb. Just NOT a good situation. Even against a vaunted Houston Defense, I go Kelce all day every day.

I HEAR that the rookie TE is great, and rookie Qb looks for him when pressured - NAH!!! When you have an Evans and a V.Jackson to lock in on, the rookie TE will be lucky to smell the football let alone catch it. Heck I like Martin better at receptions than the rookie TE.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Who do you like better in the long run for this season in a .5 ppr league...

Brandon Coleman WR Saints or
Matt Jones RB Skins?

I was all set to drop Coleman to get a kicker until I read that he started over Colston in the 3rd preseason game.. Now I'm thinking he might be more valuable than the explosive, yet still backup, rookie RB in Washington.

gizzil

.5 ppr, rest is standard ish

Some injury and weird depth chart concerns putting me in a pickle for RB2/flex

RB1 Frank Gore @Buf (matchup sucks but hes at least a starter
RB2 ?

? = DeAngelo Williams @NE, Gurley is OUT, Amir Abdullah @SD (apparently after saying he was starting he is now 3rd on depth chart?? ), Benny Cunningham vs. Sea (may be their only RB wk 1

For flex, I have the same cast of characters, plus Pierre Garcon vs MIA and Markus Wheaton @ NE

Am hesitant to start two Thursday players, but feel that DeANgelo is a pretty clear cut RB2. Was thinking either Wheaton or Garcon for flex, but hate to leave all those RB...

Also, Ryan vs PHI or Bridgewater @SF?? I was thinking no brainer with Ryan but am feeling a lot of momentum from people on Bridgewater

THANK YOU

Phicinfan

Administrator
Full PPR flex play. Nelson Agholor @ ATL or Ivory Vs Cle
Wow.....this is tough. Philly will pass, alot. NYJ not so much. But Ivory will be the bell cow. I lean toward the Rb in cases like this, especially with a limp armed Qb like fitz looking to dump off.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Who do you like better in the long run for this season in a .5 ppr league...

Brandon Coleman WR Saints or
Matt Jones RB Skins?

I was all set to drop Coleman to get a kicker until I read that he started over Colston in the 3rd preseason game.. Now I'm thinking he might be more valuable than the explosive, yet still backup, rookie RB in Washington.
First I would not drop Coleman if you don't have to. I do think he will be in more than Colston, but I still think the offense will go through Cooks and whichever Rb is in. That being said Coleman will get some too.

Matt Jones is LOVED by Was, not liked Loved, and he will be the Helu that really gets looks. But am not sure when that happens. So for now, I lean Coleman over Jones, but I don't think you could miss on either.

gizzil

Standard, but 6 pt QB TD... And return yards/td count... this team was autodrafted... so dont make fun... I have made a bunch of moves to improve it exponentially, however

QB Tannehill @WAS
RB Lynch @STL
RB Stewart @JAX
WR Cobb @CHI
WR Jordan Matthews @ATL
TE Jordan Cameron @WAS
W/R/T Davante Adams @ CHI (Hate that I have 2 WR on same team, NEVER seen that with auto draft, and it drafted sooo many IR)
DEF Cle @NYJ (Liked the matchup, though I temporarily dumped Plamer for Fitzpatrick)

BN Fitzpatrick vs CLE (currently have a waiver claim for Cutler! I figure Cutler upside is far and above Fitz or Dalton)
BN LaDarius Green vs DET (liked his upside, has a concussion? potential drop for Ruben Randle, and then maybe start Randle)
BN Matt Jones vs. MIA (hate the matchup, but from what I hear the kid is going to have a nice role, and it will expand, tough to start wk 1)
BN BAL @ DEN (cant start vs Denver)

Thank you, AGAIN