Where will Manning land and why?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Per reports Manning has kicked Miami to the curb. Per an earlier post I put, he never ever showed interest in them.

Denver is off to see him work out. Arizona has till 4pm to decide on Kolb. Its getting down to the nitty gritty

Remote Controller

So Broncos it will be? Looks that way. If that happens it makes way more sense than going to the Titans. That upper management ploy by the Titans will always be open for Manning regardless of whether he signs with them.
Well I hope Miami sticks with Moore then.
I think that would be nuts, when the Coach could bring in his system with a system QB.

deuce4321

Driller
Manning told Miami and Arizona he will not sign with them.

Sf emerges as possible sleeper. Titans still have meeting scheduled.

Coachnorm

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports free agent Peyton Manning will throw for the Titans after his Friday workout for the Broncos.

gizzil

titans supposedly offered him a "for life" contract, i guess he would be guaranteed a front office position... after az was out i thought broncos for sure but... the titans look for real here if this is all true

Phicinfan

Administrator
Manning told Miami and Arizona he will not sign with them.

Sf emerges as possible sleeper. Titans still have meeting scheduled.
San Fran was out last tuesday to watch work outs, Denver there now, and Titans coming after Denver leaves to watch. Arizona and Miami are outta here...

Coachnorm

San Fran was out last tuesday to watch work outs, Denver there now, and Titans coming after Denver leaves to watch. Arizona and Miami are outta here...

Nice intel here by Phicinfan.

It has been revealed that quarterback Peyton Manning worked out for the 49ers this week, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN. The 49ers are now believed to be in the running with the Broncos and Titans to acquire Mannings services. Of the three, San Francisco would give Manning the best shot to get back to the Super Bowl.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Broncos supposedly offered Manning s contact similar to the one he had with the Colts when dropped.

Numbers I have seen are $90 Million. That is huge. He must look really, really well to Denver who made the offer. He must have passed a physical, as the Denver dr was there as well as Elway and Fox and GM.

xqj47alpha

Banned
The simple fact PM is taking so long to pull the trigger should be a tell.

He's going to play for a division rival?
He's going to play for Elway?
He's going to be a Niner?

I still can't reconcile why on earth the Colts would pay PM to sit on IR and then turn around and let him play for another team in their division the following year. Everyone seems to think since PM played for the Vols, the Titans make sense.

PM is trying to let Elway talk him into playing for Denver. But John can't avoid the fact he is and will always be, god in Denver, and never played for another team.

PM is going to play for an HC like Harbaugh telling him what to do? Not bloody likely.

I just find it difficult to believe PM will play in the shadow of Elway or Montana, or a former and future division rival.

It is beginning to look more and more like PM won't play at all. Until the Colts call.

Last edited by a moderator: