Where will Manning land and why?

Coachnorm

This is from John McClain from twitter.

I may be wrong, but I expect Bud Adams to get his man. I think Peyton will become a Titan and run the franchise when his career ends.

Nice thinking there. Pounding the Colts twice a year may have a certain appeal to Peyton.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
would actually be a great fit.

They have a rising star at TE in Cook who Manning could do all kinds of things with. CJ2K would benefit from having someone like Manning directing the offense. Remember Faulk and Edge in his offense? CJ2K would be a star again. Britt is a heck of a building block at WR and keep in mind, manning can make a stud WR from lesser talent so who knows who else could emerge.

More I think about this, the more I like it.

Coachnorm

Good points, Miller! When Manning goes up there and reads a D and starts to counter what he sees CJ2K could be running against a D setup that is totally out of synch.

jjtweeks

I myself don't like this fit at all with the Titans. I like all the reasons stated above except for this... They have an up and coming stud in Locker who can take over if Hasselbeck can't perform. Man would I love to have Locker on the Phins.

Remote Controller

Familiarity with the venues, the fact that the State went overboard, and finally.......he wants to stick it up Isray's %$# and break it off!

jjtweeks

Good point Deuce.. I just feel he is one of those guys that can start from the go(needs no mentor) I was figuring on him being the starter next season at the halfway point at the latest. If they get Manning how long will he have to be mentored to get his shot. 2-3 years?

deuce4321

Driller
It's not the job of the mentor to mentor it is the responsibility of the mentee to show up where Peyton is and learn and ask questions.

deuce4321

Driller
Good point Deuce.. I just feel he is one of those guys that can start from the go(needs no mentor) I was figuring on him being the starter next season at the halfway point at the latest. If they get Manning how long will he have to be mentored to get his shot. 2-3 years?

See aaron Rodgers.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I don't like the Titan angle either JJ and for the same reason. Locker is screwed if Manning returns to the smoky mountain state.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Great point Deuce! Fully agree. Watching how a Qb works and learns is just as important as playing. I think this would be great for Locker. I also don't see Tenn. trading him, but I do see Hasselbeck on the way out.

jjtweeks

I don't like the Titan angle either JJ and for the same reason. Locker is screwed if Manning returns to the smoky mountain state.
Honestly i would rather have Locker on the Phins than Manning(but thats not happening). Yea Manning will do good things for a year or 2 but Locker is ready to breakout. And for the money I'd rather keep Moore than get Flynn so i have no idea whats going on in Miami.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Interesting, so per PFT and other sources, Miami couldn't even get Manning to talk to them....UNTIL Marino called him. So how many feel Manning will be going to Miami now? Uh..yeah, thought so.... :wink2:

Remote Controller

It's not the job of the mentor to mentor it is the responsibility of the mentee to show up where Peyton is and learn and ask questions.

To mentor is to actively be involved in ones future. I know it's just mincing words, but Manning will not be mentoring at all.

.....Your point is well taken though

Last edited by a moderator:

jjtweeks

So Broncos it will be? Looks that way. If that happens it makes way more sense than going to the Titans. That upper management ploy by the Titans will always be open for Manning regardless of whether he signs with them.
Well I hope Miami sticks with Moore then.