The Lineup Doctor 2010

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I have an inferior lineup to my opponent this week... do desparate times call for desparate measures in this case?

Start Driver @ Det or wait for Hakeem Nicks tomorrow? I would be able to plug someone in if Nicks happens to be inactive tomorrow.

pipeman

OK Miller, I need big help with my dilemna going into tonight.

I'm down 53 points going into both games. 6 points all TD's, 1 PPR.
He's still got AJ going, while I have Rackers, plus the option of starting-
1) Eli vs Schaub
2) Two from ADP, Foster, and Rice
I can't figure out how to play this one. At QB, do I offset any TD's from AJ by starting Schaub, or go with the better match-up and play Eli. At RB, do I play Rice instead of my studs, or roll with who got me here. (EVERY time I've sat either for Rice this year, I've been burned, but his matchup is SOOO tempting.) We don't start our playoffs until next week. Win and I'm in for a chance at $2500 top prize. Thanks in advance!

Nafstejyn

Boss or Dickson?

I'm hanging on to my playoff life by a thread. .5 ppr league, I can either play Boss or Dickson. Dickson may have upside, but also has big risk since he's so unknown. Boss' value seems to be directly related to Nicks and Smith's playing time. Help me please!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
OK Miller, I need big help with my dilemna going into tonight.

I'm down 53 points going into both games. 6 points all TD's, 1 PPR.
He's still got AJ going, while I have Rackers, plus the option of starting-
1) Eli vs Schaub
2) Two from ADP, Foster, and Rice
I can't figure out how to play this one. At QB, do I offset any TD's from AJ by starting Schaub, or go with the better match-up and play Eli. At RB, do I play Rice instead of my studs, or roll with who got me here. (EVERY time I've sat either for Rice this year, I've been burned, but his matchup is SOOO tempting.) We don't start our playoffs until next week. Win and I'm in for a chance at $2500 top prize. Thanks in advance!

Money decision here....love it! Here is what I would do.....go for the what you feel with get you the most total points at QB. I think that person is Eli. He should at least get one of his starting receivers back I think and the Vikes D is giving up 2.8 more pts a week to QB's than Baltimore. The Giants will not run on the Vikes like they did on the skins so Eli will have to do some work tonight. I think he picks up a solid 250 and 2.

As for RB, this is a big time decision and it has to be nice to have 3 studs to choose from...but there is a huge separation here....Rice is not at their level this year and should not be considered....stick with your horses you got ya here.

Good Luck, you have a good shot at pull this off.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm hanging on to my playoff life by a thread. .5 ppr league, I can either play Boss or Dickson. Dickson may have upside, but also has big risk since he's so unknown. Boss' value seems to be directly related to Nicks and Smith's playing time. Help me please!

I think they play here is the upside and great match-up with Dickson. Boss does better late in the year but like you stated, with more weapons coming back from Eli he will need Boss less. Houston is giving up the most pts in the league to TE's.....almost 6 pts more than Minny.

It is a risky play, but I would swing for the fences with Dickson.

gizzil

<acronym title="quarterback">Still got #1 seed after losing 4 straight - scary cuz this week goin up against brady/turner too

QB</acronym> Brees @BAL
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Colston @BAL
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> TO CLE
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Mike Williams ATL (risky play, debating whether i go to ww)
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> LG Blount DET (as disappointing as he has been im almost debating goodson/stewart)
<acronym title="Running Back">RB Darren McFadden DEN</acronym>
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym> Tamme JAX (hes losing steam quick i wonder if a winslow or somethin in order)
K Janikowski DEN (if he doesnt return to elite status this week my hanging on to him the bye week is stuppid as hell - prob was anyway)
DEF Tampa Bay DET
D Patrick Willis @SD
D Terrell Thomas PHI (has been good, but may hafta replace against Vick)

BN Austin Collie JAX (if hes playin will he be good? take touches from tamme? ugh)
BN Mike Goodson AZ (put up 14 again this past week)
BN Green Bay @NE (It may be time to drop GB they got the giants next week also)
BN Emmanuel Sanders NYJ (also probably a drop)
BN Matt Schaub @TEN (can't bench Brees right)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I like what you have in the starting line-up now. I agree on Mike Williams, would all depend on who is on the wire.

<acronym title="quarterback">Still got #1 seed after losing 4 straight - scary cuz this week goin up against brady/turner too

QB</acronym> Brees @BAL
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Colston @BAL
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> TO CLE
<acronym title="Wide Receiver">WR</acronym> Mike Williams ATL (risky play, debating whether i go to ww)
<acronym title="Running Back">RB</acronym> LG Blount DET (as disappointing as he has been im almost debating goodson/stewart)
<acronym title="Running Back">RB Darren McFadden DEN</acronym>
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym> Tamme JAX (hes losing steam quick i wonder if a winslow or somethin in order)
K Janikowski DEN (if he doesnt return to elite status this week my hanging on to him the bye week is stuppid as hell - prob was anyway)
DEF Tampa Bay DET
D Patrick Willis @SD
D Terrell Thomas PHI (has been good, but may hafta replace against Vick)

BN Austin Collie JAX (if hes playin will he be good? take touches from tamme? ugh)
BN Mike Goodson AZ (put up 14 again this past week)
BN Green Bay @NE (It may be time to drop GB they got the giants next week also)
BN Emmanuel Sanders NYJ (also probably a drop)
BN Matt Schaub @TEN (can't bench Brees right)

#1bears fan

My big concern is DEF I currently have TB vs. DET but available on waivers is
Carolina vs. AZ
AZ @ CAR
OAK vs. DEN with possible TEBOW start
DAL vs. WASH with possible GROSS-MAN start
Atl @ SEA

Would you be worried starting Jennings if Rodgers doesnt play?? if so are any of the below worth starting over him its 0.5 PPR
Mike Thomas @ IND
M Williams vs. ATL
Mason vs. NO
Britt vs. HOU
J Ford vs. DEN

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Carolina vs. AZ
AZ @ CAR
Atl @ SEA

I like the Oakland defense out of all the options, regardless of who is under center the offense is in shambles.

Would you be worried starting Jennings if Rodgers doesnt play?? if so are any of the below worth starting over him its 0.5 PPR
Mike Thomas @ IND
M Williams vs. ATL
Mason vs. NO
Britt vs. HOU
J Ford vs. DEN

I would be very worried no matter what. The Pats are on fire.

Most are going to tell you go with Kenny Britt vs Houston, but Im not sold on Tennessee versus Houston for some reason. Mason has been a flame lately, and I would go with the hot hand.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Pick 3:
Ray Rice vs NO
Mendenhall vs NYJ
Bradshaw vs PHI
Ryan Torain vs DAL
Keep an eye on Torain, but he is expected to play. The guy i sit is Mendenhall of the 4. He has struggled lately and the Jets are nasty against the run. Play the other 3.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Pick 2:
Ronnie Brown
Brandon Marshall
Santonio Holmes

I'm thinking about sitting Marshall.
No thinking about it for me, Marshall has been a BUST! Gotta roll with Brown and Holmes. Pitts weakness is their secondary and there is a lot to be said for players with something to prove. Holmes is motivated to torch this secondary and it can be torched.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Carolina vs. AZ
AZ @ CAR
Atl @ SEA

Mike Thomas @ IND
M Williams vs. ATL
Mason vs. NO
Britt vs. HOU
J Ford vs. DEN

Go boom or bust at D and grab Arizona. They are a top 5 D in most scoring systems due to their blow up games. They are not consistent, but this is a good match-up for them and it could be a game changer if they hit.

I know Flynn to Jennings is scary as hell, but I could not pull the trigger myself....I would have to stick with Jennings. Of the other guys, I like Britt and M Williams the best.