The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

Grant has looked great this preseason and should be a good start this week vs. Chicago.

Portis vs. the Giants is a tough matchup but he is usually a monster at the beginning of the year. Addai has the better matchup but how much will Donald Brown take away from his reps? And who will get the goalline carres? I might give the edge to Addai this week in a ppr league but in standard scoring I think I'll go with Portis with the feeling that he'll find the endzone at least once and have pretty good yardage to boot.

At WR I like Henry a lot this week. The news hasn't been good on Walter but keep an eye on him IF he's a go then give him the start. If he can't go then I'll go with Ginn vs. Atlanta.

johnlines

The Evil Genius
Help

Standard Yahoo Scoring:

McNabb
SJAX
Calvin Johnson, Roddy White
Witten

Need one of Leon Washington, Julius Jones, Donald Brown, Ernest Graham. We count return yards so I'm leaning toward Leon Washington.

Need one of Mason or Brandon Marshall.

Thanks.

The return yardage definitely makes Leon a must start nearly every week. I would start Mason until the Marshall situation plays itself out (you actually see Marshall start a game for Denver)

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
Hey Chris,

Standard Yahoo scoring.

R. Grant or Portis...I'm leaning Grant but Portis should have a productive day.

Thanks in advance!!

pipeman

Thanks in advance, Chris!

6 all TD's/ PPR.
On the fence on three.
QB- Ryan vs. Flacco (normally wouldn't give a second thought, but Joe's match-up?)
RB2- SJax vs. Rice (gut tells me Rice)
WR2- Royal vs. VJax (Aso may play?)

Sylock

Standard Yahoo scoring:

Need help with my second RB for this week:
Thomas Jones
Larry Johnson
Derrick Ward

I know, I know, nice problem to have (1st RB is Forte).

Dallas Iowa

Cowboy fan
I need some help here Doc, I have some options at RB and WR. We start 2 RB's and 2WR's and have one flex RB/WR here are my options: of course I'm going Larry Fitz, and Roddy White at WR but this is how the rest is looking RB: C.Johnson, MBIII, Ryan Grant, Cedric Benson, and Ahmad Bradshaw. Now WR's are Housh, L. Coles, and K. Walter. I've also been contemplating for a while of getting rid of either Walter and Coles for C.Henry WR Bengals. Please help.

tbl: I've already told one person to start Henry over Moore so I really have no choice but to go Henry here :)

Parker won't do much against Tennesee

pipeman:

Flacco's matchup is exactly why you don't want to start him. Baltimore=run, run , run some more against KC. Ryan is your guy

I love me some Ray Rice. I love me some Steven Jackson when he's healthy also. He ain't gonna get much healthier then he is right now. Go with S-Jax there's no one to take carries from him (You buying the Gado hype? :shake: ) And when St. Louis is playing from behind he'll get ya 75 more rec. yards.

WR2 I'm not a Vincent Jackson fan so I may be biased here but I would go Royal. Healthy Gates and a healthy LT= less production from V-Jax IMO

Good Luck

Sylock:

Thomas Jones!

Ward is in probably the biggest RBBC in the league and Caddy is listed as #1.
LJ plays Baltimore. Nuff said

Dallas Iowa:

At RB I like Marion the Barbarian and Ryan Grant. At flex Benson. (IF this is a PPR league substitute Housh for Benson at flex)

As far as Henry is concerned do not drop Walters. I like Henry better then Coles and if you make this move it can't hurt your team b/c you got Fitz, White, Housh and Walters ahead. I like the upside enough to gamble on it.

gsongy

Hello, I'm new here and need some help! I am tempted to play Bret Favre over Tony Romo for week 1 because of team match-ups and mostly the hype. Should I play Favre instead of Romo for week 1?

Scoring at the QB spot for my league is 1 point for every 25 yards and TDs are worth 4 points.

Thanks!

Jerry

gsongy:

First of all, welcome to the site!

Next, NO! Start Romo over Favre. I know the Browns look like a great start for Favre but I think that he's going to be a game manager as opposed to putting the team on his shoulders and winning games as Romo will need to do this year. The loss of T.O on the surface looks like it will affect Romo's #'s but I think he should be just fine.

gsongy

Thanks! Good to be here, I think I will start Romo, I believe Romo will be better without TO this year, no more forcing the football into coverage.

Thanks again!

Jerry

Phil Dawson

Lendale against Pitt

Close to game time but if you have a chance, in a .5 ppr league, I have lendale white, knowshon moreno, and chester taylor for one spot. I think I need sproles as welker insurance. Also put in a waiver for mike bell. Are any of those a safer play than white against pitt?

I think I would go with Chester Taylor. I think he'll be on the field quite a bit vs Cleveland and will catch more passes then anyone else you have listed.

Knowshon is probably going to play but with missing so much preseason time he remains a liability with an unknown workload or role for that matter.

I think if the Titans get a rushing TD its going to be a long run by Johnson not inside the 10 when White will be in.

Bell could be good but Thomas was practicing today. Not sure if he'll play or not.