The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

The 2009 NFL Season begins in just a few days and with that comes the headaches of making the perfect lineup decisions. If you need a second opinion on your teams lineup just ask your question and make sure to include your leagues scoring.

Championships are won and lost by playing the right matchups to squeeze every point possible out of your fantasy football squad, and that is what I do best! Stop by here, then stick around to read all of the other great articles that make Sports Outlaw the best fantasy football site on the web.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The 2009 NFL Season begins in just a few days and with that comes the headaches of making the perfect lineup decisions. If you need a second opinion on your teams lineup just ask your question along with your leagues scoring and I will do my best to give you the edge you need.

Good Luck!

Hey Chris I'm glad to see you'll be there for us again this year. The first topic that I went back and read every missed post when I joined two months or so ago was yours. I hated it when you went broke for the service but your odds were a bit out there. Best of luck this year and thanks!

Mike

Administrator
I am also looking forward to this thread, Chris offers up some great advice!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
maybe if I listen to Chris I can finish better than his 7th place prediction ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
but you are the end all....don't make excuses now, guide me ol'wise one.....have some confidence ;)

And failure isn't in my dictionary.....

Coachnorm

I must admit I am really looking forward to this feature again this year. Mr Slabaugh was must reading for me last year. He was an advice forum phenom. Thanks for comming back to do this again this year, chris!!

:thrash:

cctekguy

Staff member
Y'all quit socializing with the Dr. and let a very sick patient through...

I got trouble Doc, and though I know you can't cure it, I'm hoping you can help me stay alive for awhile.

In my $$ league my only real RB is Chris Johnson. The others are Moreno, C. Taylor, G.Coffee and D. Brown.

I wouldn't mind starting CJ and Moreno except that CJ is playing Pitt this week.

Would you start Taylor vs Clev or Brown vs Jags over CJ or would you take your chances and start Johnson?

It's PPR

I'll take my chances with Johnson. Brown is a question mark as to how involved he'll be in the offense right away. Also, I don't think that Moreno is starting this week and Buckhalter is getting the nod so your question might really not be that tough after all. Go Johnson and Taylor.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
My team looks like this -

QB Schaub
RB LT2
RB Barber
WR AJ
WR Bowe
WR Royal
Flex P Thomas
TE Olsen

BN Cutler
BN Rice RB
BN F Jones RB
BN F Jackson RB
BN J Davis RB
BN L McCoy RB
BN T Holt WR
BN C Henry WR

I gotta drop 2 of these guys to pick up a kicker and a defense for week one. Which two should I drop.

1 pt per 10 rush/rec, 6pts per TD, .5 PPR

realmwalker

Lineup Assistance...

STANDARD SCORING except 6pts for PASSING TD

My team looks like this -

QB McNabb
RB Peterson
RB Westbrook
WR Boldin
WR DeSean Jackson
WR ???
TE Celek
K - Kris Brown (Houston)
DEF - Philly Eagles

BN LeSean McCoy - RB
BN Chester Taylor - RB
BN LenDale White - RB
BN Chris Henry - WR
BN Lance Moore - WR
BN David Garrard - QB

For the WR3 position I must decide between :
Lance Moore (vs. DETROIT) OR Chris Henry (vs. DENVER)

I suppose I could make a case for either, but I would love some swaying opinions/reasons.

I like Chris Henry vs. Denver. Ocho Cinco will probably be locked up with Champ Bailey all day and Henry has been a great redzone target so far this year. NO has way too many targets, especially with Colston and Shockey being healthy to start the year. I really like Moore, but I give the edge to Henry this week.

realmwalker

I like Chris Henry vs. Denver. Ocho Cinco will probably be locked up with Champ Bailey all day and Henry has been a great redzone target so far this year. NO has way too many targets, especially with Colston and Shockey being healthy to start the year. I really like Moore, but I give the edge to Henry this week.

I suppose I might as well ask you about a similar quandary in my OTHER league. (the team is listed in my sig)...
We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE Flex , 1 K, 1 DEF

Again...I have a WR3 issue...
CHRIS HENRY (again) -OR- Anthony Gonzalez (vs. JAX) -OR- Lee Evans (@NE)

BTW...I am leaning toward Gonzo on this one cuz BUFF has looked BRUTAL and HENRY in both leagues may not be worth the gamble when I have Gonzo.
Thoughts appreciated.!Thanks again for your great thread!

stagee2000

PPR league 1 point per catch who to start with AJ at WR need pick 2 of the following:

S. Moss @ NYG
Mason vs KC
S. Smith (NYG) vs WAS
Bess @ ATL

Thanks

stagee2000

PPR league 1 point per catch who to start with AJ at WR need pick 2 of the following:

S. Moss @ NYG
Mason vs KC
S. Smith (NYG) vs WAS
Bess @ ATL

Thanks