The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

#1bears fan

Week 1 Standard scoring no PPR If you see any changes please advise!!

QB Warner
WR Andre Johnson
WR M Colston
RB Westbrook
RB C BEnson
TE Witten
Flex ???
K N Folk
DEF SD

Bench
S Moss
D Ward
T hightower
D Mason
A Bradshaw

Thinking about starting Hightower instead of Benson and Moss as my flex

I'm really high on Benson this week so I wouldn't switch out Hightower for Benson. I agree with you on Santana at flex.

Welcome back and Good luck. Nice team!

Escrow

Glad to see you back chris!
PPR..... I am pretty stacked at RB....
pick 1
parker, kev smith, benson (i am starting MJD and Slaton)

thx

Being PPR I would give a slight edge to Smith over Benson. I see a lot of pts. being scored in that game and Smith has proven himself to be a very good receiver out of the backfield and I would look for him to have 5-6 catches and around 120-130 total yds.

dolphindan1

We start:

1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 flex at Rb or WR, 1 TE, k , def

Kinda funny scoring...WR and TE get PPR...RB's DO NOT get PPR...TEs get 5 point bonus at 50 yards

Scoring

QB's 1 pt/50 yards, 5 pt bonus at 250, 6 pt tds
RBs and WRs 1pt/ 25 yards, 5 pt bonus at 100, 6 pt tds
WRs get 1 ppr
TEs 1 pt/25 yards, 5 pt bonus at 50, 6 pt tds, 1 PPR

Rodgers
Favre
Chris Johnson
Sjax
Kevin Smith
Benson
Shonn Green
Fitzy
Ocho
Donnie Avery
Dominik Hinson
Crayton
Olsen
Zach Miller
Packers
Dolphins
Kris Brown
Lindell

I would go with:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Jackson
RB: Kevin Smith
WR: Fitz
WR: OchoCinco
TE: Olsen
Flex: Benson
D: Packers
K: Kris Brown

Good Luck

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Got a D/ST question for you - Standard scoring

New England vs Buffalo : I own N.E. as of now and I like the idea of N.E. going up against an offense that has stuggled all preseason and just fired their OC.

Cincy vs Denver

Seattle vs STL

New Orleans vs Detroit

Houston vs NYJ

Should I drop N.E. and roll with one the WW options?

SchultzAndy

Fantasy Football Veteran
start/sit?

Question on which players to start for this weekend:

scoring is 1 pt for 25 yds passing, 1 pts for 10 yds rushing/receiving, 6 points for all Tds (passing, rushing, receiving)

Zach Miller vs. Dustin Keller

Matt Hasselbeck vs. Carson Palmer

Laverneus Coles vs. Devin Hester

Thanks for the help in advance!

ShultzAndy:

I like Keller vs. Houston in Sanchez's first start. He should be looking for him quite a bit.

Hasselbeck is in for a great rebound year and it starts with St. Louis in week 1. I give him the slight edge over Palmer this week.

Since you're not in a ppr league, I think that I would give Hester the start over Coles this week. I'm seeing him get at least one long TD rec. this week.

Good Luck!

realmwalker

I am using you a TON this year Chris!!

What about Ray Rice vs. Ronnie Brown

Rice plays KC at Home
Ronnie Brown plays @ ATL

I just keep thinking that against KC at home Rice may be the play, though I drafted Brown in the 4th round and he looks healthy and ready to rock.
This one seems tougher than I thought because I drafted Rice as my RB3 and/or my bye week filler for Forte and Brown.

Thoughts?

BTW...I want to add that I think it would be fun to revisit your projections after the fact to see how your prognostications do? Would that be ok to post?....

Something like Chrisslabaugh selected C. Henry over L. Moore and here was the result:
yadayadayada?

:thumbsup: First of all, I am planning on doing a weekly recap so rest assured everyone will see how bad I really am ;)

Secondly, that is a tough call between Brown and Rice. I don't have much to go off of except for preseason and last season. Last season KC was horrendous against the run and Rice has looked great in the preseason.

Brown has had a so-so preseason but has another year between him and the major injury. Atlanta was nearly as bad in rush defense as KC last year and Brown isn't in nearly the RBBC that Rice is with only Williams taking carries away.

My gut says go with Rice week 1 at home against KC as Baltimore as a team was #4 in the league in rushing and Rice looks primed to be the teams #1 RB this year.

DeeJayK

Lineup advice needed

12-team, 0.5 PPR, performance scoring league. The players I'm leaning toward starting are in bold.

QB (start one): M. Schaub (Hou) v. NYJ, D. Garrard (Jax) @ Indy

RB (start two): A. Peterson (Min) @ Cle, R. Bush (NO) v. Det, C. Benson (Cin) v. Den, D. Brown (Ind) v. Jax, L. Washington (NYJ) @ Hou, M. Bush (Oak) v. SD

WR (start three): C. Johnson (Det) @ NO, D. Bowe (KC) @ Bal, C. Ochocinco (Cin) v. Den, A. Gonzalez (Ind) v. Jax, S. Smith (NYG) v. Was​

Your thoughts?

The only thing I might switch is Gonzo over Bowe. The QB situation is very shaky in KC and the OC is gone. Might take a few weeks for things to start to click in KC but one thing is certain. It wont be week 1 against Baltimore.

SchultzAndy

Fantasy Football Veteran
Start/sit?

You are the man Chris.... Hey one other dilemma I have been going back and forth on:

Scoring = 1pt for 20 yds rushing and receiving, 6 pts for td, 2 pt bonus for 100 yds

Have to start two of the four running backs listed below:

Cedric Benson vs Denver
Julius Jones vs St. Louis
Felix Jones vs TB
Edgerrin James vs St. Louis

Right now I have Benson and Julius Jones plugged in my lineup. I can see where an argument could be made for any of them. Just heard today that Phillips wants to split carries this year between Jones and Barber. Thinking I might see how that works out week 1 and plan on getting Felix in my lineup week 2. Thoughts?

First of all yes to Benson.

I like JJ vs. St Louis as well. James might cut into his carries later on in the year but for week 1 I like JJ to get the majority of carries and there should be plenty vs. a weak St. Louis D.

Felix will get his share of carries in Dallas but I agree a wait and see attitude with him at this point is probably the wise decision. The picture will get much clearer for these RBBC's in a couple of weeks.

DeeJayK

Great points regarding Bowe and KC offense. Contra-point is that KC should be behind (in this game and all season) and will be throwing the ball quite a bit.

But I think I'll probably play it safe for week one and follow your advice with Gonzo.

wisfinfan05

Hey, Chris

Thanx for the advise last season. You were spot on most of the time and am looking forward to your advise agains this season.

I got two for you... (Standard Scoring, Non-PPR)

My RB dilema...Pick two..

Ryan Grant vs Bears
Joseph Addai vs Jags
Clinton Portis at Giants

My WR dilema...Pick two...

Kevin Walter (Hamstring Issues) vs Jets
Chris Henry vs Broncos
Ted Ginn @ Falcons
Devery Henderson vs Lions

Thanks in advance