Terrell Owens RELEASED BY THE COWBOYS!

deuce4321

Driller
Carolina?

Vet QB in Delhomme and if Steve smith can stay healthy easily the best wr duo in the league? Plus a decent run game to keep the d honest.

Remote Controller

How about Pittsburgh? They don't have anything behind Holmes and Ward they can count on and no reason they can't get back to the Super Bowl. Ben wants his big target still I'm guessing.
I think Sweed has potential to be a big factor there. He has a few good teachers. I like the fact that he came back after his big drop and leveled that dude run blocking!

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Dude, Titans just bought your Washington from Pittsburgh...so they aren't totally destitute. But I agree T.O. would work there. But with a run first offense, I don't think so.

As for Vikings....they already have Berrian, Rice and co. Again a run first team...so I again don't think so.

Curious if Denver would take a shot...and then try to trade away Marshall.

I don't see SD as they have Wideouts aplenty, and Gates at Te.

I think TO is a douche but he's in another universe when compared to Dropsies Washington. And there is noooooooo way the Steelers go that route. They have never put up with BS and have won titles that way. If it ain't broke, don't bring in TO.

Mike

Administrator
On a serious note, I think the Chargers would be the THE best fit for Terrell Owens.

Here you have a team that is a Super Bowl contender, and possibly would have been there had it not been for the loss of Merriman and the year long injury problems of Tomlinson.

You take this team, which has a damn good defense, and an offense that has always been lacking a true threat at wide receiver, and you open up all kinds of opportunities for success.

Running lanes are opened up a little better for Tomlinson, Gates has cleaner opportunities, and Rivers has a true weapon at his disposal at the wide receiver position.

Add to that you are getting Merriman back, Tomlinson should bounce back, and the division is likely going to be a cakewalk, I think you have to consider this.

The big bonus? You get a wide receiver, nearing the end of his prime, that is going to have a chip on his shoulder after being released.

This is clearly the best fit for both team and player in my opinion.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I think 33 NFL teams have been mentioned as possibilities so far :)

On the contrary, I think the number of teams not interested is the story. Could he have burned his last bridge? His people will have to go out on an all out PR campaign if he hopes to play again in the NFL. Sad to say but Mike Vick may have a better chance at redemption than TO after he has proven without any question he is a plague to every team he is on.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
On a serious note, I think the Chargers would be the THE best fit for Terrell Owens.

Here you have a team that is a Super Bowl contender, and possibly would have been there had it not been for the loss of Merriman and the year long injury problems of Tomlinson.

You take this team, which has a damn good defense, and an offense that has always been lacking a true threat at wide receiver, and you open up all kinds of opportunities for success.

Running lanes are opened up a little better for Tomlinson, Gates has cleaner opportunities, and Rivers has a true weapon at his disposal at the wide receiver position.

Add to that you are getting Merriman back, Tomlinson should bounce back, and the division is likely going to be a cakewalk, I think you have to consider this.

The big bonus? You get a wide receiver, nearing the end of his prime, that is going to have a chip on his shoulder after being released.

This is clearly the best fit for both team and player in my opinion.

San Diego is Dallas Part II. Tons of talent everywhere and no leadership in the locker room. There was already infighting last season without TO. Now add that ass with a chip on his shoulder to the mix and that team will be on it's ass by midseason.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
The only place that may not give a crap about him destroying the team may be Oakland. His career would without question be over if he goes that route.

Arctic Dawgs

I wonder why he was cut ?? Didn't he just get a new contract last year with a $12mil signing bonus ?? How much dead $$ is Dallas packing over this ??

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I wonder why he was cut ?? Didn't he just get a new contract last year with a $12mil signing bonus ?? How much dead $$ is Dallas packing over this ??
Reports I have seen say about 9.5 million of dead money.:sweat:

Arctic Dawgs

Just found this. Also on TV they were saying TO lead the league in dropped passes over the last 2 years

(KFFL) Clarence E. Hill, Jr., of The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports WR Terrell Owens will count $9.675 million in dead money against the Dallas Cowboys' salary cap in 2009, but they will only lose $680,000 in actual cap money. The team saves $3.1 million in real dollars because he will not receive a June 1 roster bonus. He was previously set to cost the team $8.995 million against the cap.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I will have NO Cowboys bashing on this forum RAM! :nannie:

Comparing the Chargers to the Cowboys is more Bolts bashing than Cowboys bashing...........:eek:bvious:

Ram's account deleted in 5..........4..............3..............2.........

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Saints would be a great place for him! Colston, TO, Bush with Brees throwing the rock around, hell it would be interesting as hell to watch.

SD & Carolina are also places that make some sense.

deuce4321

Driller
Saints would be a great place for him! Colston, TO, Bush with Brees throwing the rock around, hell it would be interesting as hell to watch.

SD & Carolina are also places that make some sense.

Saints have too many people that demand the ball TO would get upset that hes not getting the ball.... especially if they lose

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I don't necessarily agree, they throw enough that TO can get his 80 receptions and double digit TD's. As much as they throw, there is enough to go around.

Mike

Administrator
I don't like the Saints idea either. They threw the ball too much last year already.

Saints + T.O. =

Attachments

• failboat.jpg
    failboat.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 7