Terrell Owens RELEASED BY THE COWBOYS!

dukdown

Banned
Wow, how did I not think of the Redskins. Not sure if they have one cent open on their salary cap, but how great would that be.

bodey24

Staff member
As a cowboys fan I wish they would have kept T.O. With him opposite Williams and with Witten there is no way they should not have dominated defenses. T.O. was the hardest working player on their team. Personally I believe the Cowboys problem is Tony Romo. It just seems like he just gets tired of playing towards the end of the season and just gives up.

Coachnorm

The question is also what kind of Money TO will be able to get? 4-5 year big backloaded contracts may not be offered to him.

Remote Controller

I don't know the cap situations, but my hunch is that TO becomes a Raven. Big Arm Qb, and a young ambitious coach. Mason makes a fine compliment, freeing up TO for the big air.

Coachnorm

Wow, how did I not think of the Redskins. Not sure if they have one cent open on their salary cap, but how great would that be.

Maybe this is why this release is so late. Boys may have been hoping Snyder blows his wad first. TO on the Redskins would still be a big pain in the ass for the Cowboys.

Giants, a natural vacuum at WR there.

deuce4321

Driller
Rex Ryan doesnt want to start his tenure with the Jets with offensive question marks. He is a defensive guy who just improved the Jets D greatly and may be able to put in his defensive system and have it implemented in year one. I dont think he risks his job over TO. They dont have a QB who will make TO happy and if they bring in a vet like Garcia we all know how that went in SF.

I think he needs to go to a team that has no offensive weapons where he will be the sole target. I think Minny is an option here as long as TO doesnt get upset that ADP is getting a bulk of the offensive work load but with PA he will get single coverage. Again is Sage the QB that can make TO happy?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Jets and Niners already said no way when asked about TO.

Places that need a wide out:

Titans - Collins has arm strength left and there isn't anybody else to throw to outside Justin Gage

Vikings - They only need one more piece to make a run; wide out. Rice could be very good and as we found out in Houston Sage can get the ball to his main guy. Best fit is here IMO.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I was also thinking about the very obvious hole at wr for Oakland. In addition to being a fantastic wide out TO is a smart, very smart, business man. If he has any sense at all he'll look at Randy Moss' time in Oakland and run not walk away from the phone when Al Davis shows up on caller ID.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
How about Pittsburgh? They don't have anything behind Holmes and Ward they can count on and no reason they can't get back to the Super Bowl. Ben wants his big target still I'm guessing.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Places that need a wide out:

Titans - Collins has arm strength left and there isn't anybody else to throw to outside Justin Gage

Vikings - They only need one more piece to make a run; wide out. Rice could be very good and as we found out in Houston Sage can get the ball to his main guy. Best fit is here IMO.
Dude, Titans just bought your Washington from Pittsburgh...so they aren't totally destitute. But I agree T.O. would work there. But with a run first offense, I don't think so.

As for Vikings....they already have Berrian, Rice and co. Again a run first team...so I again don't think so.

Curious if Denver would take a shot...and then try to trade away Marshall.

I don't see SD as they have Wideouts aplenty, and Gates at Te.