Saints hammered by NFL

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Quote from investigation of ALL NFL teams for this from PFT:
In fact, league counsel Jeff Pash told Peter King of SI.com that the NFL has no evidence of other teams violating the rules against bounties.
“If we found evidence of the same clarity that we found in the New Orleans case, we would take action,” Pash said. “We have looked into some allegations. But as you know, allegations and accusations are not proof.”
Technically, the Saints aren’t the first team to violate the bounty rules: The 2007 Packers were found to be violating the rules when some players gave $500 to defensive linemen after holding Adrian Peterson under 100 yards in a win over the Vikings. But what makes the Saints’ case exceptional isn’t the mere existence of a technical violation of the pay-for-performance rules. What makes the Saints’ case exceptional is that the team flagrantly violated the rules for years, that there were specific opponents targeted for “knockouts” and “cart-offs,” and that when the league office approached the Saints, not only did team officials not put a stop to it, but they lied to league investigators and kept the bounties going.

gizzil

they were singled out in the end. Do I know this for sure, of course not, we don't know one way or the other about the other 31 teams. They could have all been warned and stopped or none of them could have been warned.

Were other teams warned? Don't know. thanks phi

gee, sounds familiar

Last edited by a moderator:

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I haven't read the whole thread so if this has already been said sorry for the repeat.

But its my understanding why New Orleans is in trouble is one the lying and then because yes all teams do bounty but its players paying players but with New Orleans its the organzation actually paying players.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Fuexed.

the Saints are getting Fuexed.

never thought I'd miss Al Davis so much

posted with all dux respect to this web site.

xqj47alpha

Banned
LOL, ROTFLMFAO

how dare he!

the NFL released 2012 uniforms, however the new skill position uni's will look like this

Attachments

• img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
  • FW5115.JPG
    FW5115.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Waiting for all the facts to come out before i make any kind of judgement but what has come out so far, well just shame on them for this if its all true.

cctekguy

Staff member
If this type of "program" ISN'T going on throughout the NFL, I bet Saints opponents will adopt it next season.

...but I don't think any other team's D would flinch over a pep talk like this.

I think it's pretty standard rhetoric.

jjtweeks

well then enlighten those doubters with facts, not hearsay. Post links of audio, video, eyewitness testimony of where else this is happening in the NFL at this level.:popcorn: