Saints hammered by NFL

Remote Controller

-- Cris Carter Calls for Lifetime Ban of Gregg Williams --
Fri Apr 6, 2012 --from FFMastermind.com​
NBC Sports reports former WR Cris Carter has joined the growing chorus of former NFL players who say that the words captured on tape of former Saints DC Gregg Williams urging his players to injure opposing players go so far beyond the bounds of fair play that he shouldn’t ever coach again. Carter, the wide receiver who played 16 pro seasons, said on ESPN’s NFL Live that Williams’ indefinite suspension should be extended to a permanent ban. “I believe that Gregg Williams, he shouldn’t be able to coach football any more, and the reason why is because we have given him our best athletes,” Carter said. “We have given him the best athletes to coach in the NFL for the last 16 years and he has taught them the worst tactics that you can teach a football player. So, I believe the only penalty that would suffice for this type of crime: he shouldn’t be able to coach any more. It is a privilege for us to be able to play football, and a privilege to play in the NFL, and he has taken the last 15, 16 years of his career, and he has decided to do that with it. I believe that Roger Goodell, his penalty should be: he shouldn’t be able to coach in the NFL any more."

All he does is score TD's! I agree with CC.

gizzil

im totally for williams ban... and if no one commented on your thread perhaps it didn't merit comment

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I'm on the ban wiliams for life from the nfl. Still on the fence of the saints as a whole punishment. Punish the guilty, not the innocent. Unfortunitly they are getting judged by others actions.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Last I saw my thread on all other teams being investigated equally has gone unopinioned on. Not that I am surprised. Oh, and Giz, want good logical discussion? Try starting with one.
I can't find that thread Phicinfan.
I know I said I said my final say in this thread, but dang, I can't find that thread. please help.

and since I'm here,

Why doesn't the NFL just make more rules that make following this advocated behavior a fine-able offense?

Instead, the NFL makes a ruling that not only goes beyond the pale, it presumes out of court testimony as fact without bothering to weigh the context.

General Patton said, "The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

how dare he judge 'bastards'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arctic Dawgs

Appeals denied

The NFL upheld its discipline in the New Orleans Saints bounty case, meaning head coach Sean Payton will begin his year-long suspension April 16.

The league announced the penalties Monday, noting that the bans for general manager Mickey Loomis (eight games) and assistant coach Joe Vitt (six games) stand and will begin after the preseason.

The league said that if all parties cooperate with the rules of the punishment, commissioner Roger Goodell would consider lessening the financial penalties for the individuals.

Payton, Loomis and Vitt had an appeal hearing with the league on Thursday.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
At least they made a rapid decision and didn't wait til much later. Now to see what the williams verdict will be.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I can't find that thread Phicinfan.
I know I said I said my final say in this thread, but dang, I can't find that thread. please help.

and since I'm here,

Why doesn't the NFL just make more rules that make following this advocated behavior a fine-able offense?

Instead, the NFL makes a ruling that not only goes beyond the pale, it presumes out of court testimony as fact without bothering to weigh the context.

General Patton said, "The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

how dare he judge 'bastards'.
I will have to look, but I thought I linked in a story from PFT that said all teams have been investigated, not just Saints. Key was Saints were told twice to stop, and they lied . They got nailed. End of story for me.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
hey Mud, wondering where you have been. heard today that Parcells will not probably be taking the 1 HC job there. so that means what? what does "will not probably" mean? guess its a safety loop just incase he does do it for a year.

gizzil

there is still the rooney rule... and who is gonna interview for a job they know is going to parcells

xqj47alpha

Banned
I will have to look, but I thought I linked in a story from PFT that said all teams have been investigated, not just Saints. Key was Saints were told twice to stop, and they lied . They got nailed. End of story for me.
would love to see that story,link, etc...

Why hasn't the media story included these facts?

If all teams were investigated by the NFL, then isn't it obvious what is happening?

The NFL is protecting its Six against trips to Congress.

However, the NFL has over-stepped its bounds by harassing those with a civil challenge.

And last but not least, what the heck good is it to be an Oakland Raider? or a Tampa Bay Buccaneer? or any other feared character?

What the heck is the point anymore?

So they're not Saints. The Raiders aren't really Raiders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
oh i didnt know that - i assumed they had to interview a buncha people still
From what i have heard, if they fill internally for the short period they don't have to worry about the rooney rule. If they go external, they do have to follow it.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
don't know why but either i forgot or just didnt realize it but they don't have a 2nd round pick because of this. yeah yeah i blame it on my sometimers and in my defence , i don't live in La. lol

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I assume you mean Los Angeles.

Supposed to be Louisiana, didnt want to spell it out. and after i did post it, i even thought it looked like and would be thought of Los angeles. LOL.

Saw they are going to let the assistant HC be the interim coach this season even tho he has to miss 6 games himself. With all that talent in NO, it might be hard to make the playoffs this year with all this going on and no steady coach set.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Da Pain, da pain...
I feel your pain Mud. My mom is an LSU graduate so got the soft heart for Louisiana sports. Would be a fan if i didnt have my own team to cringe about. Saints will be back with a vengence in 2013 not so sure about this coming season.