Saints hammered by NFL

cctekguy

Staff member
Maybe the Saints will win it all and prove that coaches are just overpaid figureheads.

Or better yet....

Maybe the Saints won't win a game and prove that the players aren't squat without good leadership.

But, they'll probably go 8-8 and prove nothing.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Is the irony lost here?

The equipment designed to protect is used to injure.
Add in the league advocates the collision to boost their products appeal to the masses.
Back-up QB's have long been the mainstay. Not because QB's trip and fall down
This is what created the NFL of today.

and somehow, now, the NFL can't recall its past.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
too much talent in NO to go 8-8 no matter what hapens. Im thinkin one or two ways. either they bust this year and get lucky and win 6 games or act like adults and come together as a team thru adversity and win 11-12 games getting 2nd seed in the playoffs.

xqj47alpha

Banned
The Saints could be set to fall bass-akwards into a chance to pick the dude from USC in 2013, ala the Colts in 2012.

there is a silver lining.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Speaking of the Saints, Benson just bought the New Orleans Hornets of the NBA. Now we should sue Utah and get the Jazz name back.:biglaugh:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Just heard yesterday that he might and now he has pulled the trigger and bought them. Thats got to be pretty exciting for the fans there.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Hopefully now , like you said, this will build a more local fan base and maybe Benson can make them contenders also. Having a championship caliber NBA/NFL team would be huge for the city.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Reading earlier That the Saints could do a 3 game drop in wins this year. So only about 10 wins instead. Winning % of teams from last year makes the schedule tougher this year than last, so they are predicting since the Falcons schedule is pretty much the same that they will win the division. And article also mentioned that NE has the easiest schedule.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Reports out of New Orleans this morning say that Vilma is bracing for a 2-8 game suspension for his role in the whole torrid affair.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Ouch. Looks like it might be a really troubled season in NO this year. On the bright side, they might get a higher draft pick in 2013.

Remote Controller

Reports out of New Orleans this morning say that Vilma is bracing for a 2-8 game suspension for his role in the whole torrid affair.
What's up with the Brees contract stuff?? Can any of it's loose strings be tied to possible action?? I mean did he do some funding. We all know he and Payton are connected at the hip. I can't figure out one reason not to lock this guy up with a contract especially considering the loss of the coaching staf for awhile. Then the owner dumps money on a basketball team???

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Beyond me RC. To be honest though Brees isn't coming out of this looking like the "team player" he's promoted himself as during his time as a Saint. He turned down an offer before the season that would have matched the highest ever given a QB and now he refuses to sign his tender which would allow him to be with the team during workouts this week. Still, it'll get done and both the team and the player need to sit down and hammer this thing out. There's been NO serious contract discussions in weeks according to reports.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Oh and I've heard no mention whatsoever of Brees being aware of the bounty payments much less being involved in funding them. That'd be a really dumb thing for a QB to do, lol and I'm convinced Brees isn't dumb enough to have painted a target on his own back.

deuce4321

Driller
Maybe he wants to see whats left of this team going forward. He isnt a spring chicken... maybe he wants to be traded and 'win now'