Post draft FA moves and team moves

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Buffalo has fired GM and scouting department - Good that they waited post draft, and the GM was on thin ice as it was. This is the Owner moving things in Buffalo....curious to see if anyone takes this job or not.

Indy - also has cleaned out the scouting department.

Lots of 5th year options picked up.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Green bay drafted 3rbs late, and have since cut Christine Michael and Don Jackson.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Buffalo does not exercise Watkins 5th year option, so he is playing this year for a big contract

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No argument there but say he has a healthy season, a productive season, maybe that's a long shot considering his history but IF it happens he'll cost the Bills more to keep with the tag then picking up the option would have cost them. It's not like they have a bunch of WR's to turn to.

KillerFins

Staff member
Smart move, as the FT tag only costs a bit more and they aren't on the hook for it if he gets injured. So if he can finally stay healthy and realize his potential they still can hold onto him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Buffalo will remain a run first team, and defense first team especially with the new head coach. one reason Tyrod was kept was his mobility and ability to run. They drafted a pretty decent Wr in Zay Jones, so it will be a rebuild again.

That being said, they need more Wr help and Te help.

Love Watkins, but he falls apart with injuries way too much. Agree with Killer, they can FT him if he can stay healthy this year, and see if he can repeat, if he does both years, they can then sign him to the "big" deal if they want.

Phicinfan

Administrator
FA QB Jay Cutler announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons and he's headed to FOX.
He caveat's his statement, saying he isn't really retiring...so he might be a guy who comes back if a team gets an injury or so.

hikeNbike

Anyone sign Blount? Didn't he have like 50 TDs last year? Seems like every time I played against him in fantasy he had multiple scores.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hikeNbike

Also surprised there has not been more interest in Barnidge since his release. He has been a pretty effective player the last two years in a less than ideal situation.

KillerFins

Staff member
Anyone sign Blount? Didn't he have like 50 TDs last year? Seems like every time I played against him in fantasy he had multiple scores.

Nope, he priced him out of a job in NE, probably could have got what Gillespie got.

hikeNbike

Funny how New England grabs so many Bills players but they all seem to play way better for the Pats than they do for the Bills.

Man running backs have no market. Good news is if he doesn't sign he can't score 100 tds against me in fantasy.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Also surprised there has not been more interest in Barnidge since his release. He has been a pretty effective player the last two years in a less than ideal situation.

You'll something special about not signing these guys until after today or maybe it is Thursday. Anyway there'll be some signings by the end of the week probably for both of these players that you mentioned Hike.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Free agents signed after Tuesday no longer factor into the 2018 compensatory pick formula. Thanks to the guys in white hats over at rotowrld.com.