Matt Cassel Traded to the Chiefs!

RLLD

For those holding Bowe and Gonzo this is a very good sign, but I also think we can look toward someone like Will Franklin to emerge as a more active participant for them.

I was high on Bowe last year even though I was sure KC would be abysmal and considering how things went for KC you can look at Bowe as a true bright spot, the guy could emerge as a top 5 WR for 2009. Gonzo could have his final year of relevance as well, and even LJ could get some decent production once more.

BUT....I like to look for my lat round picks, and for me Franklin is as intriuging a #4/#5 WR as I see out there

thank you for getting away with that finger RLLD.

Major Props

and good eye total Rain Bowe. Sure-Fire candidate for top 5.

Gonzo good for another three, easy. Such a Stud

Let's not forget the wicked potential of Jamaal Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
I agree that the Patriots should have gotten a lot more than JUST a 2nd round pick for Cassel. I mean, it might just be his FT salary that's making me think that. It could be that that's all they wanted for him, and the FT was just a ploy to make people think that Brady was worse off than he really was.

I agree that the Patriots should have gotten a lot more than JUST a 2nd round pick for Cassel. I mean, it might just be his FT salary that's making me think that. It could be that that's all they wanted for him, and the FT was just a ploy to make people think that Brady was worse off than he really was.
or I could get diagnosed

dude ain't no way this is anything but insider trading. payment for damage done. i won't tell, so long as I get Cassell.

I'm no where near "All Play" like in that freezer book Joey reads. The Shine Ing.

Your funny when you act young. Makes me see the problems.

or I could get diagnosed

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
or I could get diagnosed

dude ain't no way this is anything but insider trading. payment for damage done. i won't tell, so long as I get Cassell.

I'm no where near "All Play" like in that freezer book Joey reads. The Shine Ing.

Your funny when you act young. Makes me see the problems.

or I could get diagnosed
Interesting conspiracy theory.....SP leaves, then gets what on the surface is a sweet heart deal from his previous employer to land what could be a franchise QB??? Just some more smoke for the Patriot haters of the world......

Mike

Administrator
I can't wait to see how this pans out for the Chiefs and for Cassell. Cassell did much better than expected in New England, but he is now coming to a totally new world. He is going to get tossed around like a rag doll this year, and unlike last year, he will be going onto the field with high expectations.

Outside of playing behind a much more inferior offensive line, I think he is going to really miss the presence of Wes Welker being on the field constantly bailing the team out.

Coachnorm

I can't wait to see how this pans out for the Chiefs and for Cassell. Cassell did much better than expected in New England, but he is now coming to a totally new world. He is going to get tossed around like a rag doll this year, and unlike last year, he will be going onto the field with high expectations.

Outside of playing behind a much more inferior offensive line, I think he is going to really miss the presence of Wes Welker being on the field constantly bailing the team out.

Very true, KC beter get some O Line help Now! Welker however has been the TE release value in recent years and Gonzo can cover that aspect of the O.

dukdown

Banned
And that's why the Patriots are such an amazing franchise. They take a 7th round pick, who never even played in college, throw him into the fray with some of the best WR's in the game, coach him up and turn him into basically a 1st round pick. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
anyone else love the fact that its the chiefs of all teams that end up with cassel? after all, if it wasnt for bernard pollard and the chiefs week 1, i bet 75% of us here would still have never even heard of this cat. instead, the chiefs have now stolen away pioli, cassel, and vrabel, and the patriots have an extra 1st round pick at half price to show for it. win win win for everyone, eh?

dukdown

Banned
And the Patriots have 6 picks on the first day of the draft. And in trading Cassel, they free up a bit of cap-space.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
realize day one is now only rounds 1-2. but still, that is going to be pretty strong for sure.