Jay Cutler: What team does he land on?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The one thing that Lions fans need to realize is that while Cutler to Detroit seems obvious, they dont have the same offers available that say Minnesota or Chicago could offer, a quarterback. I doubt the Lions send Culpepper and the #1 overall pick to Denver, but I think that is what it would take. I think Denver would love to have the #1 overall pick because that would assure them they could get Aaron Curry, who would fit right in on the new 3-4 scheme.
What Qb that Denver would want can Chicago and Minnesota offer? Do you really feel Orton or Rosenfels or whomever is a target for Denver???

Detroits offer is better, as it would allow Denver to draft a young Qb to groom. Lets face it, Denver is rebuilding anyways. I also think Detroit offers multiple picks..as they have two first round picks and can afford to deal one of them to get a solid Qb.

jmsmith1

Its not that I think that Minnesota or Chicago have better QB options, but they do have better players that they could package with their first rounder. I meant that they could offer serviceable QBs as well, but also other players.

And I dont think that Jay Cutler truly is an attitude problem. I think he genuinely thought he was the QB for the future and coming off a pro bowl year, who wouldnt. I do think that he has been a little oversensitive, but I would be pissed too if I went to the pro bowl, only to be traded in my third year?!

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Detroit would be the last place Denver might deal Cutler. No way the front office wants to pony up the $$$ for a #1 overall pick. They might want to deal it for additional picks (which would be smart) but they might also get stuck with it. Honestly, I don't think a quarterback would be required to make the deal go through. Simms was brought in juuuuuust after all this bubbled to the surface. Doogie might have "his guy" already or at least a guy he can roll with for a year. He might be angling for a multiple player return for Cutler which all but rules out Detroit as they have more garbage on their sideline than a landfill.

The Bills, Jets (I contradict myself in this thread with that one) Bucs or Browns may be the right teams to be watching for in this run.

jmsmith1

Detroit would be the last place Denver might deal Cutler. No way the front office wants to pony up the $$$ for a #1 overall pick. They might want to deal it for additional picks (which would be smart) but they might also get stuck with it. Honestly, I don't think a quarterback would be required to make the deal go through. Simms was brought in juuuuuust after all this bubbled to the surface. Doogie might have "his guy" already or at least a guy he can roll with for a year. He might be angling for a multiple player return for Cutler which all but rules out Detroit as they have more garbage on their sideline than a landfill.

Actually just watched NFL Live and they think a three way deal with Denver, Clevelandm Detroit is highly likely.

jmsmith1

Sounds like the Broncos send Cutler to Detroit, Detroit sends #20 overall to Cleveland, and Cleveland sends Quinn or Anderson to Denver (and they made it sound like it was Quinn). Kolber was talking about it to Dilfer and Edwards and Clayton chimed in and said that while it seems like nothing now, its very likely, especially with Cleveland in the scenario.

One can only conclude, from the way this went down, that Jay Cutler went to bat for his Daddy.

As Shanny is gone, and in light of the fact the new coach thinks Super Jay was part of the problem, well, hello "I'm Out of Here!".

Super Jay's team can't get near the glue to make any trade stick.

Super Jay goes to the team of his choice that offers a two. Pity.

I remember when Super Jay 'was borne' to be the next 7.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sounds like the Broncos send Cutler to Detroit, Detroit sends #20 overall to Cleveland, and Cleveland sends Quinn or Anderson to Denver (and they made it sound like it was Quinn). Kolber was talking about it to Dilfer and Edwards and Clayton chimed in and said that while it seems like nothing now, its very likely, especially with Cleveland in the scenario.
This one actually makes sense.

Mangini seems to prefer a veteran Qb. Quinn could go to Denver...and if he failed...could be easy to replace. Allows Cleveland to start Anderson, and pick up a 2nd first round pick...so they can grab Sanchez or Freeman(yuck) if they feel they need to. Detroit would be set then at Qb, and can take the OT with the #1 pick to protect him. Not bad at all.

jmsmith1

More than four!

Look at their schedule next year. And Im not a Lions fan, but the NFC North is really up for grabs.

- They play Chicago twice, and I think they split, so that makes 1-1
- They play Green Bay twice, and I think they lose both, so 1-3
- They play Minnesota twice, and I think they split, so that makes 2-4
- They get St. Louis at home, and a win so thats 3-4
- They get Arizona and Cleveland at home, I think they could split, so thats 4-5
- Then they get Pittsburgh and either Washington or Philly at home, but no matter, both losses, so thats 4-7
- They get three road games at Cincy, Seattle, and San Franm and thats solidly 2-1 if not better. At 2-1 that makes them 6-8
- Then they go to Baltimore and either Tampa or New Orleans. The'll lose to the Ravens. But I think they beat the Bucsm but lose to the Saints. So either 1-1 or 0-2. That makes 6-10 or 7-9

Arctic Dawgs

NFC Opponents List
AFC Opponents List

More than four!

Look at their schedule next year. And Im not a Lions fan, but the NFC North is really up for grabs.

- They play Chicago twice, and I think they split, so that makes 1-1
- They play Green Bay twice, and I think they lose both, so 1-3
- They play Minnesota twice, and I think they split, so that makes 2-4
- They get St. Louis at home, and a win so thats 3-4
- They get Arizona and Cleveland at home, I think they could split, so thats 4-5
- Then they get Pittsburgh and either Washington or Philly at home, but no matter, both losses, so thats 4-7
- They get three road games at Cincy, Seattle, and San Franm and thats solidly 2-1 if not better. At 2-1 that makes them 6-8
- Then they go to Baltimore and either Tampa or New Orleans. The'll lose to the Ravens. But I think they beat the Bucsm but lose to the Saints. So either 1-1 or 0-2. That makes 6-10 or 7-9

Detriot Lions 2009 Opponents
Home: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers
Away: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals

ExperiencedRookie

Here we go. Denver announces that they plan to trade Cutler now. Their best hope is that a few teams get in a bidding war to try to get his trade value as high as possible.

So who are the potential buyers here? I'm assuming that Tampa Bay will instantly get back in the mix. Detroit has to throw their name in the hat. Will Chicago possibly get involved? How about Oakland? San Francisco?