Jay Cutler: What team does he land on?

ExperiencedRookie

I know this sounds like total madness, but why don't KC and Denver hook up? MCD wanted Cassel over Cutler anyways, and I'm sure KC would gladly take an X Denver QB with a chip on his shoulder and revenge on his mind.

I know these 2 teams will never do business, but it seems kind of obvious.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
I hope Cutler sits out the season and Chris Simms starts and becomes studly with Matt Cassel type results.
Cutlers cap friendly salary makes him back-up worthy if no deal can be made.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I know this sounds like total madness, but why don't KC and Denver hook up? MCD wanted Cassel over Cutler anyways, and I'm sure KC would gladly take an X Denver QB with a chip on his shoulder and revenge on his mind.

Isn't this why Cutler is mad? I thought a deal involving KC, Denver and either Tampa Bay or Detroit was in the works and Cutler found out.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Hot rumor floating around PFT is that Cook was in Buffalo Monday. Now he is the Agent for both Cutler and Scheffler. Buffalo needs a TE badly. But thinking it through.....Buffalo could trade Edwards and a top pick to Denver for Cutler? Hmmmm......

Now that is interesting.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist

Because Pioli drafted Cassel in the first place and is now calling the shots in K.C. That's why he's there now instead of Denver. McDaniels coached him, but he's ultimately Pioli's baby.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Problem with the Jets is what they can offer in return.
not sure, say Clemmons, a first, and a third??

As far as Lions, talk is that if they would deal the #1, it would be Denver having to throw in more than Cutler alone, not the other way around....IMO, that makes NO SENSE.....but in the ever backwards way of the value of NFL draft picks I can believe it....personally if it's me, and I have a shot to deal the #1 for Culter straight up I'd jump all over it.

From a pure pick standpoint I have heard that speculation is it would take in the area of a 1st, 3rd, 6th....but that is not contemplating the top overall pick.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
not sure, say Clemmons, a first, and a third??

As far as Lions, talk is that if they would deal the #1, it would be Denver having to throw in more than Cutler alone, not the other way around....IMO, that makes NO SENSE.....but in the ever backwards way of the value of NFL draft picks I can believe it....personally if it's me, and I have a shot to deal the #1 for Culter straight up I'd jump all over it.

From a pure pick standpoint I have heard that speculation is it would take in the area of a 1st, 3rd, 6th....but that is not contemplating the top overall pick.
Interestingly, the deal I heard was the deal was for the later round first rounder...... #20? Not the #1. That would be huge for Detroit...they could get the OLT they need at #1...and then Cutler at Qb. Nice, nice start for a rebuild.

ExperiencedRookie

Isn't this why Cutler is mad? I thought a deal involving KC, Denver and either Tampa Bay or Detroit was in the works and Cutler found out.

It was a 3 team deal with the Pats, Denver, and Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay would get Cutler in exchange for a draft pick or 2, Denver would get Cassel, and NE would get multiple draft picks.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Profootballtalk.com is "hearing" that the Redskins have interest in Jay Cutler.
An internet rumor circulated Tuesday that a three-team deal sending Brady Quinn to Denver, Chris Cooley and Jason Campbell to Cleveland, and Cutler and Tony Scheffler to D.C. would be announced at 5PM, but it never happened. PFT indicates that the Skins do have interest in Cutler, though. Perhaps Dan Snyder and Pat Bowlen will talk at the March 22-25 Owners' Meetings.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Don't really know why Dallas would want to trade Romo, he has built a relationship with most of the players on that offense, so they would be taking a step back if this were to happen.

Would they really?

Granted, Romo has thrown like 30% more TDs (and 20% more INT's), but Cutler is younger and has a good arm.

Another Fun Fact: Romo and Cutler have won the same number of playoff games (ZERO!!!!)

Cutler is 3 years younger and highly motivated to say the least to show the Broncos the finger.

Whats the worst thing that could happen in this deal. Neither team makes the playoffs? What would really change?

mills

Would they really?

Granted, Romo has thrown like 30% more TDs (and 20% more INT's), but Cutler is younger and has a good arm.

Another Fun Fact: Romo and Cutler have won the same number of playoff games (ZERO!!!!)

Cutler is 3 years younger and highly motivated to say the least to show the Broncos the finger.

Whats the worst thing that could happen in this deal. Neither team makes the playoffs? What would really change?

All solid points. Touché.

Remote Controller

Change of heart for Tony. That could be seen as good news on this front.

• -- Tony Sheffler Shows After All --
    Tue Mar 17, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • ESPN reports it was reported that Denver Broncos TE Tony Scheffler would skip a team meeting Monday. He was there. Scheffler has been subject of trade rumors along with Cutler.

RLLD

Wouldn't the Vikings benefit from having a guy like Cutler?

What about the 49ers or even the Raiders, not that Denver would dream about sending this cat to Oakland.....I think there are plenty of teams that would love to have a known quantity like Cutler on their team and happily give up a draft pick to get him.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Would they really?

No way that deal gets done and I'll tell you why; 0% humidity. No humidity makes hair frizz. Jessica wouldn't last a minute out here. :D

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
LMAO!

funny-pictures-i-hate-humidity.jpg

jmsmith1

The one thing that Lions fans need to realize is that while Cutler to Detroit seems obvious, they dont have the same offers available that say Minnesota or Chicago could offer, a quarterback. I doubt the Lions send Culpepper and the #1 overall pick to Denver, but I think that is what it would take. I think Denver would love to have the #1 overall pick because that would assure them they could get Aaron Curry, who would fit right in on the new 3-4 scheme.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im not sure with the poor attitude if the new Detroit frontmen are going to want that attitude on their team.