Free Agency moves for NFL

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Dolphins HAVE signed or agreed to with Albert Wilson Wr formerly of KC

Phicinfan

Administrator
Adam Schefter of ESPN reporting that Cousins will sign with Minnesota - Great, great move by Minny

Phicinfan

Administrator
Adam Schefter of ESPN reporting that Cousins will sign with Minnesota - Great, great move by Minny
Officially, Agent is saying they have only agreed to meet with Minny, but per Schefter and Monger - deal is 3 years fully guaranteed for $84 Million....Yikes

Arctic Dawgs

Wow..less money than Jimmy G and Matt Stafford....really wanted to stay with the Saints I guess. Good for him!

I expected 22-23 $M listening to New Orleans talk radio but at least he didn't break the bank. It should leave us some room to play in the FA market. I do dread the first 2 years after Brees is gone though when his $$ will still be hitting our cap numbers.

Looks like it works out to 2yrs @ $31mil with $6mil "Dead $$" after that in "Cap Charge". Peanuts. Great move by Saints

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Looks like it works out to 2yrs @ $31mil with $6mil "Dead $$" after that in "Cap Charge". Peanuts. Great move by Saints

ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett reports "at least one other team" was willing to give Drew Brees $60 million guaranteed over two years in free agency.

Brees re-upped with the Saints for two years, $50 million, "just" $27 million of which is guaranteed. Brees took a discount to remain with the franchise he's been with since 2006. Money aside, even if the $60 million team was the loaded Vikings, Brees probably made the right decision remaining in the setup that's made him a future Hall-of-Famer.
Source: ESPN.com

Thank you sir.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Broncos have exercised Demaryius Thomas' $4 million option bonus.

It locks Thomas into $12.5 million between salary and bonuses in 2018.

Phicinfan

Administrator
up to 7 teams are negotiating with Dion Lewis, including the Patriots per multiple sources