Free Agency moves for NFL

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Update on latest and greatest:
1) Chiefs agree to terms with Sammy Watkins Wr - hmmm...not sure how this will effect Kelce and Hill.
2) As posted by MongerKhan - Denver has agreed to terms with Case Keenum - reported to be $18-$20 Million - you heard it here first, this will be a bust move for Denver - their O-line sucks and they are looking to dump at least one of the Wrs and C.J. Anderson at Rb. Case can't win games folks.
3) OG Andrew Norwell formerly of Carolina will sign with Jacksonville - making things even better for Fournette and Bortles
4) Mariota is running a camp in CA to work with his Wrs and Tes - kid can only go up
5) Reports have Bears set to sign Allen Robinson Wr formerly of Jacksonville 3 year $40+ Million deal - this was a real need for Trubisky
6) Miami seems to be the front runner for Wr Albert Wilson formerly of KC
7) Lions very interested in Malcom Butler Cb formerly of N.E.
8) Texans also though want Butler and also are looking at E.J. Gaines formerly of Buffalo
9) Raiders have released Marshall Newhouse ROT
10) Saints and Brees are working on a 2 year extension - making "significant progress" - in other words...CRIPES we need to sign him QUICKLY!!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Saints and Drew Brees are expected to agree on a two-year contract on Tuesday.

Nothing like deadlines to get the ball rolling.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dolphins signed WR Albert Wilson, formerly of the Chiefs, to a three-year, $24 million contract.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Wow..less money than Jimmy G and Matt Stafford....really wanted to stay with the Saints I guess. Good for him!

I expected 22-23 $M listening to New Orleans talk radio but at least he didn't break the bank. It should leave us some room to play in the FA market. I do dread the first 2 years after Brees is gone though when his $$ will still be hitting our cap numbers.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lions retain Tavon Wilson S with a 2 year contract $7 million

Walter34

Trey Burton to the Bears. An up and comer at TE. 4 yr \ 32M is expensive but he was a target of many teams. Likely means Dion Sims is to be released.

Liking what my boys are doing so far.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Browns signed Josh Gordon to a one-year, $790,000 contract.

Saints placed an original-round tender on restricted free agent WR Willie Snead.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Trey Burton to the Bears. An up and comer at TE. 4 yr \ 32M is expensive but he was a target of many teams. Likely means Dion Sims is to be released.

Liking what my boys are doing so far.
Wow, nice grab by Chicago, first Robinson now Burton....giving tools for Trubisky will help him immensely.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Browns signed Josh Gordon to a one-year, $790,000 contract.

Saints placed an original-round tender on restricted free agent WR Willie Snead.
Browns only tendered him...so he is locked into Cleveland, but I believe they can still talk long term deal

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bears also sign Codey Parkey K from Miami - chicago really being aggressive

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lions agree to terms with Devon Kennard LB formerly of NY Giants

Phicinfan

Administrator
Eagles set to sign Haloti Ngata DT formerly of Detroit for a one year deal - Wow....just love what Philly is focusing on....

Phicinfan

Administrator
49ers sign C Weston Richburg from NY Giants - they just re-upped their C from last year...not sure if this is depth, or moving one to OG?

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Ah, Eagles restructure Lane Johnson's OT contract to make some cap room. They needed it, as they were currently over.....but still need to move Curry from DE