Favre Drama Begins

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Nikki could be right.

rotoworld,
Speaking to the press Tuesday afternoon, coach Brad Childress insisted that he was not told Brett Favre is retiring.

Childress has spoken to Favre within the last 24 hours, and he still considers the situation "fluid." Vikings players also told beat writers Tuesday that nothing has changed regarding Favre's status with the team. As is always the case, the Vikings are not pressing Favre for a decision. We still believe he'll be under center against the Saints in Week 1.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Oh good god...what a friggen mess. I almost wish that Minny woudl just tell him to sit at home in his damn wranglers.

here is the thing.

As pointed out by Calvin Cowherd....stories like this don't just get made up. He has been texting players saying he is done. now he may or may not have told management. Who knows? This could be Minny's way of trying to play it cool...and work a deal and not be too desperate and over pay dunno:

ExperiencedRookie

Training camp is just underway.

Brett does know that they don't expect him to be there, doesn't he??

Maybe Brett is just bored. He's probably not use to this low level of off-season attention.

DearbornDolfan

This thread calls for the Serenity Prayer:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to bury the bodies of the people who have pissed me the **** off.

Amen

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This thread calls for the Serenity Prayer:

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to bury the bodies of the people who have pissed me the **** off.

Amen
:biglaugh: :clap:

Remote Controller

Not a great day at Viking Camp.

-- Vikings Injury Update - Rice Day-to-Day --
Tue Aug 3, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Star Tribune reports the Vikings already are without Pro Bowl WR Sidney Rice, who is on the PUP list because of a hip injury. Rice said Monday he is day to day. "It's still there -- the lingering pain and stuff -- but it's something I'll be able to work through," he said. Asked what exactly is wrong with his hip, Rice said: "I'm not going into that. It's just a hip [injury]." C John Sullivan and CB Benny Sapp did not practice for the second day in a row. Sullivan has what appears to be an injury to his right calf and is wearing a protective sleeve on his leg. "I'm not worried," Sullivan said. Sapp said his issue was related to cramping and dehydration that he suffered in the heat of the Saturday morning practice.

-- Percy Harvin Set to Leave Camp --
Tue Aug 3, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Star Tribune reports Vikings WR Percy Harvin will be allowed to leave training camp so he can return home to be with his family. Harvin did not practice Sunday after having a death in the family and was absent again Monday. HC Brad Childress isn't sure when Harvin might rejoin the team.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Favre retires for 2 weeks.....and will report in time for the preseason finally.....don't we go through this every year?

That said, sure makes my wiaver snag of Tavaris in Shula this morning look pretty dang slick ;)

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
ESPN has been covering nothing but Favre watch all day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the drama to some extent, but every anchor/analyst is repeating the exact same news. Miller is probably right though. Give it a few weeks and he'll be ready to play.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I bet he's just watching tv at home and laughing at all the speculation. He probably loves when every sports station is talking about him all day. :xpopcorn:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Not that they can't afford it or anything but his wife did renew her membership the other day with the gym she attends in Viking Town.