Favre Drama Begins

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Brett Favre hangs NFL future on Southern Miss Golden Eagles - ESPN

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Brett Favre says he still isn't sure what he's doing next season, but he may have given some indication after visiting with the Southern Miss baseball team.

Favre
The Minnesota Vikings quarterback told the Golden Eagles on Thursday morning that if they can make it back to the College World Series for the second straight year, he will return for one more season in the NFL.

Favre has left fans hanging since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC Championship game. He signed a two-year contract with the Vikings before last season. Coach Brad Childress hasn't talked with Favre recently except by text message.

Southern Miss players have a lot of work to do if they want to force Favre into action. They are 30-20 and need wins to earn a postseason invitation.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That youngster is young enough to be my son but he ain't of course. If he was he'd have went to college in Louisiana not Mississippi.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
For what it's worth...

rotoworld,

A source told Scout.com's Viking Update on Friday that Brett Favre may have had ankle surgery in the last 48 hours.

The source isn't the most reliable, and the entire report seems rooted in speculation, but any Favre news is big news. The veteran quarterback is thought to need the ankle procedure in order to continue his professional career. Whether he's truly had it or not remains to be seen, but having the operation would be an obvious sign that Favre plans to play in 2010.
Source: Scout.com

He couldn't stay away when he was an overtime play away from the Super Bowl with the Packers and he won't be able to stay away after doing the same thing in Minnesota.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Brett Favre posted a short statement on his website on Friday night confirming he had arthroscopic ankle surgery, possibly clearing the way for the quarterback to return to the Minnesota Vikings next season.

Favre's future has been up in the air since the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the NFC championship game. He had said he would need ankle surgery if he wanted to play in 2010, but there was no word Friday about his playing career.

``This is to confirm that I did have a procedure to remove some scar tissue and bone spurs from my ankle which had been bothering me for a period of time,'' Favre said on his website. ``I appreciate your concerns.''
Brett Favre confirms ankle surgery - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
He couldn't stay away when he was an overtime play away from the Super Bowl with the Packers and he won't be able to stay away after doing the same thing in Minnesota.

Even if the Southern Miss college baseball dont make the College World Series you can bet your bottom dollar that Favre will be back wearing purple

Just for the hell of it i hope Southern Miss dont make it to the CWS to see Favre eat his own words and basically become a million dollar liar, and i really hate liars

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
He left some wiggle room there 007 or so it seems to me. As I recall he told them that he would return if they went back to Omaha but did he say that he would not return if they didn't? I don't remember seeing that part of it.

cctekguy

Staff member
Refresh my memory...

Is Sage Rosenfels the undisputed #2 in Minny now?

If so, I might just save myself the waiver wire panic and draft the dude.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
He left some wiggle room there 007 or so it seems to me. As I recall he told them that he would return if they went back to Omaha but did he say that he would not return if they didn't? I don't remember seeing that part of it.

You may be right, i may have took his statement as a kind of Do or Die option for his return

I think the surgery on his ankle sealed the deal that he will be back