WR James Jones re-signs with Pack

cctekguy

Staff member
James Jones might luck into a signing here given his familiarty with the offense.

Sorry...JJ is staying in Green Bay.

News: The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Packers have agreed to terms on a three-year deal with WR James Jones. He was lobbied for by QB Aaron Rodgers on Tuesday publicly, and he was apparently able to get a deal done later in the week. Terms were not immediately disclosed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
As much a fan of Jordy I am, and still am, I like this move for GB. They have to prepare for when Driver is finally done. Add to that, Jennings isn't a youngster either. With Nelson, Jones and the rookie, they will be well set.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
As much a fan of Jordy I am, and still am, I like this move for GB. They have to prepare for when Driver is finally done. Add to that, Jennings isn't a youngster either. With Nelson, Jones and the rookie, they will be well set.

Good move for the Pack. I can't see Driver making to the end of this year.

Remote Controller

Jones is still better than Jordy too, and I have always maintained that. I don't get alot of agreemnt, but I can assure you thats the way the Packers Staff see it.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jones is still better than Jordy too, and I have always maintained that. I don't get alot of agreemnt, but I can assure you thats the way the Packers Staff see it.

Granted, I am not in Packer land, but that is not what I have read. I have read they clearly were willing to let Jones go. Why if they value him more?

I do think Rodgers wanted him back though.....but I don't know that means he is better.

Bull

I agree about Driver, but not sure why you think Jennings isn't a youngster. He's going to be 28 next month. He's only been in the league like 5 years. Jones will be 28 in March of next year and has been in the league like 4 years. Jennings one more year experience over Jones while only being 6 months older. Seems the same to me.
Just as a Nelson reference he just turned 26 in May I think and came out the year after Jones and two years after Jennings. At any rate these guys are all within 2 years of each other. I wouldn't consider Jennings on the decline and Jones to be in his prime. I'd say they are all pretty much in the same boat from an age and mileage standpoint.

Remote Controller

Granted, I am not in Packer land, but that is not what I have read. I have read they clearly were willing to let Jones go. Why if they value him more?

I do think Rodgers wanted him back though.....but I don't know that means he is better.

You just haven't listened to me enough then. :wink" They were gonna move jones because they were happy with Jordy, and felt there would be a market for Jones that would help the Packers improve elsewheres. The market wasn't good enough to help the team so they helped themselves and kept him. He was tendered before the lockout so it wasn't like they just wanted to lose him. He will be in front of Jordy still, , and should be.

Phicinfan

Administrator
You just haven't listened to me enough then. :wink" They were gonna move jones because they were happy with Jordy, and felt there would be a market for Jones that would help the Packers improve elsewheres. The market wasn't good enough to help the team so they helped themselves and kept him. He was tendered before the lockout so it wasn't like they just wanted to lose him. He will be in front of Jordy still, , and should be.
Nope :wink: