Who is the worst owner - PICK ONLY 2

• Jerry Jones - Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Why so bad for Al?

Can't you lump Al, Jerry Jones, and Snyder all under the same list? Over powered owners who don't really have eye for talent, but force their opinions? Granted Al has done it longer, but he has had more success than the other two.

My issue with Mike Brown is this, he doesn't care if he wins or not, he is running a business. Fans be damned. That is just wrong.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Jerry has had more sucess in the modern era than Al.

Dan Snyder is trying to win, hes just a total dumbass at making decisions. I dont think he inspires quite the loathing Al does.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Mike Brown......thinks he is as smart as his father was and refuses to change with the times. He is a dinosaur and clueless as to what it takes to win....I disagree with Phic, he wants to win.....he just doesn't have the first damn clue how to and in his mind b/c he is a Brown, he does......so instead, he just resorts to turning a buck and alienating a city.

Mike

Administrator
My vote was for Richardson, he simply couldn't care less about putting a winning team on the field.

Mike

Administrator
.I disagree with Phic, he wants to win.....he just doesn't have the first damn clue how to.

agreed. Mike Brown wants to win, he even goes out and spends the money to some extent, but the money is spent in all the wrong places.

maverick824

- Since 1990, the Bengals have exactly 2 playoff appearances, and were 1 and done in both. The Raiders have more playoff appearances, playoff wins, and an AFC title.

- Both teams have stretches where they were ridiculously bad, but Brown can claim an entire decade of wretchedness in the 90's. This team had 0 hope until Marvin wrestled what little control he has away.

- Everyone crucifies Al Davis for his draft busts. Dan Wilkinson? David Klingler? Ki-Jana Carter? Akili Smith? I'd say Brown has that track record too. The drafts are better now due to Marvin.

-Oakland's legend from the 90's to present? Bo Jackson Cincy's? Boomer Esiason
Yeah, it's not close, but it's not Al taking honors here. Mike Brown's been at that level of suck FAR longer, with worse results.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Al Davis has put winning teams on the map from every decade up to & including the Gruden years, thats spread out over 50yrs of getting a quality teams on the field. I'd have to say thats a remarkable feat.

Can you name me another owner that comes close to that ??? Im still waiting

Oakland Raiders | Team for All Decades

No i did not vote for Al Davis

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
How does Ralph Wilson not make this list?

I will agree there!

Back to Brown, i will continue to disagree with you and Mike on Brown. He wants to win, as long as it fits his model.....and that is not the same thing as most owners who want to win.

fault Al, Jones or even Snyder if you want, but at least when they are blowing up...it is trying at any cost to win. Brown has never had the commitment. Granted, he wants to win, as he has stated time and again as that fills the seats....but its in his model of cost effectiveness to run a business...not to win at all costs.

I still take Brown...even if Ralph Wilson is listed.