Who Do I Take?

AP_ALL_DAY_28

So I'm in a 10 team PPR league (no keepers).

Here's how the draft has gone so far.

Round 1
1. FootballPhreak (from JXR29) - Chris Johnson / RB / Tennessee
2. AP_ALL_DAY_28 (fromFootballPhreak) - Adrian Peterson / RB / Minnesota
3. FootballPhreak (fromAP_ALL_DAY_28) - Ray Rice / RB / Baltimore
4. ima_boss (from The Gnat) - Maurice Jones-Drew / RB / Jacksonville
5. Mendeleev - Aaron Rodgers / QB / Green Bay
6. Canadian Patriot - Frank Gore / RB / San Francisco
7. USMC_PackFan - Andre Johnson / WR / Houston
8. atown703 - Micael Turner / RB / Atlanta
9. The Gnat (from ima_boss) - Steven Jackson / RB / St Louis
10. USMC_PackFan (from Caster202020) - Reggie Wayne / WR / Indianapolis

=========================================================

Round 2
11. Caster202020 - Rany Moss / WR / New England
12. JXR29 (from FootballPhreak) - DeAngelo Williams / RB / Carolina
13. atown703 - Calvin Johnson / WR / Detroit
14. Caster202020 (from USMC_PackFan) - Larry Fitgerald / WR / Arizona
15. Canadian Patriot - Drew Brees / QB / New Orleans
16. Mendeleev - Shonn Green / RB / New York Jets
17. USMC_PackFan (from The Gnat)
18. AP_ALL_DAY_28

I was hoping that I could get either Calvin Johnson or Shonn Green at #18.

Who would you guys take with this pick here?

I was thinking,

1. Jamal Charles
2. Ryan Mathews
3. Brandon Marshall

Thanks in advance. :)

AP

AP_ALL_DAY_28

Oh and I was also thinking about trading down to get some more picks, and hope that either 1 of those 3 guys would still be there. Or should I just take Mathews at #18?

18. AP_ALL_DAY_28
19. ima_boss
20. JXR29

========================================================

Round 3
21. JXR29
22. The Gnat (from USMC_PackFan)
23. USMC_PackFan (from AP_ALL_DAY_28)
24. The Gnat
25. Mendeleev
26. Canadian Patriot
27. Caster202020 (from USMC_PackFan)
28. atown703
29. JXR29 (from FootballPhreak)
30. Caster202020

JackG1980

I would pick Marshall... With Vincent Jackson gone for possibly the entire season the Chargers will not move the ball as good. Mathews will for sure get his Yards but will be shallow on receptions and TDs. Sproles will be RB they will throw too. I would go with Marshall and get Pierre, Charles or Mathrews with you third pick. The elite WRs will be drying up after Marshall while there will be plenty of RBs to chose from. Wells, Moreno, McCoy, Benson, Stewart, Forte and R. Grant. You might be able to go WR WR and pick up a combo of Marshall, Jennings, Colston or Desean. Then still get a quality PPR RB like McCoy, Moreno or Forte in the 4th.

Remote Controller

I would pick Marshall... With Vincent Jackson gone for possibly the entire season the Chargers will not move the ball as good. Mathews will for sure get his Yards but will be shallow on receptions and TDs. Sproles will be RB they will throw too. I would go with Marshall and get Pierre, Charles or Mathrews with you third pick. The elite WRs will be drying up after Marshall while there will be plenty of RBs to chose from. Wells, Moreno, McCoy, Benson, Stewart, Forte and R. Grant. You might be able to go WR WR and pick up a combo of Marshall, Jennings, Colston or Desean. Then still get a quality PPR RB like McCoy, Moreno or Forte in the 4th.
You see. He's nuts! Take mathews!!! :grin:

JackG1980

You see. He's nuts! Take mathews!!! :grin:

LOL, I'm crazy... but taking a rookie RB on a pass first team which is about to lose there #1 WR for possibly the entire season and has one of the worst run blocking in the league, doesnt sound to safe.

Taking a proven Elite WR who had over 100 receptions and over 1100 yards for the last three seasons on a team which throws the ball more then the NO Saints is a safer pick. Oh not to mention in his prime and now with a top 8 OL

Last edited by a moderator:

AP_ALL_DAY_28

Well if the guy ahead of me takes Mathews than should I take Charles or Marshall.

I was thinking Marshall is Mathews was gone.

Dallas Iowa

Cowboy fan
If Ryan Grant is out there I would probably take him. You can pretty much always count on him, and that pass offense is so good there they can't put 8 in the box.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
well I'm late to the party but NO WAY I take Matthews in the 2nd round. The hype surrounding this kid is getting to epic fail proportions.....

Grant would have been a very solid pick to pair with AP and Marshall, Jennings, or White would have all been nice picks as WR1's in a ppr league. I hope Matthews works out for you, but I would be trying to get some safe bets in rd 3-4 since you swung for the fences in rd 2. Just make sure you get some balance in risk/safe picks.

JackG1980

well I'm late to the party but NO WAY I take Matthews in the 2nd round. The hype surrounding this kid is getting to epic fail proportions.....

Grant would have been a very solid pick to pair with AP and Marshall, Jennings, or White would have all been nice picks as WR1's in a ppr league. I hope Matthews works out for you, but I would be trying to get some safe bets in rd 3-4 since you swung for the fences in rd 2. Just make sure you get some balance in risk/safe picks.

Yeah we all tried to tell him dont pick Mathrews in a non keeper league. A rookie on a pass first team running behind one of the worst run blocking teams in the league is a risky pick. On the other side the Chargers have one of the easiest schedules against the run this season. Mathrews will get lots of yards but it will be hard to see him getting more then 6 TDs especially if V. Jackson is gone. I see the Chargers looking at Gates in the Red Zone.

bobbeaux

i would have taken the best wr you could get with the 2nd pick . . . ;)

and probably the same with the 3rd pick.