What Player Went Undrafted You Believe Shouldn't Have?

jmsmith1

Couldnt believe that Graham Harrell wasnt selected. Guy has tons of talent and was a Heisman finalist. Not even a 7th round comp pick?

But now he is going to the Browns mini camp? As if they didnt have enough issues at QB with Quinn vs. Anderson?

Otis Wiley surprised me too. Seemed like a good safety prospect, since he single handedly kicked Notre Dame's ass this year.

Johnathan Casillas, since he was rated a 4th round selection by some and not too far below guys like Tyrone McKenzie.

Kory Sheets from Purdue. Guy is a fast RB, but I wonder if knee injuries left him undrafted. Did sign with San Fran.

Mike Reilly from Central Washington. Jaws on ESPN loves this kid. Did sign with the Steelers. I really think he could be a Matt Cassell type kid in a few years.

Remote Controller

Couldnt believe that Graham Harrell wasnt selected. Guy has tons of talent and was a Heisman finalist. Not even a 7th round comp pick?

But now he is going to the Browns mini camp? As if they didnt have enough issues at QB with Quinn vs. Anderson?

Otis Wiley surprised me too. Seemed like a good safety prospect, since he single handedly kicked Notre Dame's ass this year.

Johnathan Casillas, since he was rated a 4th round selection by some and not too far below guys like Tyrone McKenzie.

Kory Sheets from Purdue. Guy is a fast RB, but I wonder if knee injuries left him undrafted. Did sign with San Fran.

Mike Reilly from Central Washington. Jaws on ESPN loves this kid. Did sign with the Steelers. I really think he could be a Matt Cassell type kid in a few years.
The real slap in the face for Harrell was when the Rams took the guy from Division II West Texas A&M, Null, in the 6th. He is just an hour up the road, and A Ryan Leaf mentored QB, as Ryan was the QB's Coach there until just before this past season. That had to hurt the Ego some.

The Redskins signed Colt again this year after the draft. He refers to himself as "Chase Daniel"
Well, Zorn could be looking at the guy.

Seems to me more like a pipe dream.

Wes - that's good and twisted, that there post. Seems like you're saying three things at once with a mouth full of marbles.

I think I get it.:thrash:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm a filthy Two-Thingsist. No amount of military funded Two-Things Awareness Training will rehabilitate me, either.

dukdown

Banned
Whether he should have gone undrafted or not, Arian Foster proves a cautionary tale. He had a 2nd round grade from the NFL after his junior year, and decided to come back for his Senior year to improve that grade. Just signed as an UDFA with Houston. Like the 'Deal or No Deal' contestant that doesn't know when good enough, is good enough.

bobbeaux

Whether he should have gone undrafted or not, Arian Foster proves a cautionary tale. He had a 2nd round grade from the NFL after his junior year, and decided to come back for his Senior year to improve that grade. Just signed as an UDFA with Houston. Like the 'Deal or No Deal' contestant that doesn't know when good enough, is good enough.

he may have missed out moneywise, but i believe he has landed in a good location . . . he along with jerimiah johnson were signed as udfa's to compete against chris brown and ryan moats . . . i believe darius walker was on the practice squad, but not sure of his status now . . . foster could very well be the inside runner to spell slaton the texans have been looking for . . . ;)

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
im surprised darius hill didnt get drafted. i really thought he was one of the better TE prospects out there.

dukdown

Banned
Pretty decent signing for Atlanta of Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson. It's funny that at one time in 2007, both Cullen Harper and Aaron Kelly looked to be for sure top draft picks at some point in their futures. Neither got drafted.

in related NFC South news, and in related to a player who looked at one point of their college career to be a sure-fire draft pick, the Saints signed UDFA P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin

dukdown

Banned
Update of this story -

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats traded up in Saturday's Canadian Football League draft to select recent Panthers signee Jamall Lee third overall.

Hamilton gave up 6th and 13th overall selections.

Here's one for ya

Jamall Lee, 6'2" 225 lbs, RB, Bishop's College (Ontario) - Signed by Carolina

LENNOXVILLE – Jamall Lee of the Bishop's Gaiters football team set two records at last weekend's Canadian Football League (CFL) Evaluation Camp. Lee ran the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds, breaking the record of 4.41 seconds set by Jean-Frédérick Tremblay of Laval in 2004. He also recorded a 44-inch standing vertical jump, breaking the old record of 42", set by Sherbrooke's Samuel Giguère last year.

Lee's 10-yard time of 1.50 seconds tied for the fastest in the camp with Matt Lambros (Liberty), while his 20-yard time of 2.52 seconds was the fastest recorded at this year's event. Lee also recorded a 10 feet 2.75 inch standing broad jump, placing him second behind only Milos Zivkovic (Simon Fraser), who jumped 10 feet 4.25 inches.

Lee's record-setting performances are among the best recorded at either the CFL or NFL combines this year. His 44-inch vertical jump would have placed second overall at last month's NFL combine, behind only Ohio State cornerback Donald Washington, who jumped 45 inches. His 4.39 time in the 40-yard-dash would have been fifth overall, and first among running backs.

His father was the last Canadian RB to lead the CFL in rushing - Orville Lee, 1988

Jamall Lee CFL Combine Video

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
im surprised darius hill didnt get drafted. i really thought he was one of the better TE prospects out there.

Bengals Sign Three Rookies
Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 3, 2009, 1:55 p.m.

Three undrafted rookie free agents were signed by the Cincinnati Bengals today, the team announced.

All three players worked out on a tryout basis during the Bengals’ rookie minicamp.

The Bengals signed 6′7″, 247-pound tight end Darius Hill (Ball State), 6′0″, 311-pound defensive tackle Pernell Phillips (Central State), as well as 6′2″, 244-pound long snapper James Smith (Florida).

Coachnorm

Undrafted free agent WR Quan Cosby will be given "every chance" to beat out Antonio Chatman for the Bengals punt-return job. Chatman could be on the bubble if he isn't careful. Cosby has a legit chance of making the squad this summer.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He is a better return man than Chatman. He will be all business and work his tail off in camp.

Just read about how Graham Harrell did well during his try out in Cleveland but has not been signed, in part, because of the four QBs already on the roster.

Can Harrell beat out either Ratliff or Bartel? Is it possible there are still attempts to trade Quinn or Anderson and he could be picked up afterwards? Seems if they get rid of either their depth is highly suspect if they do not receive another QB in return. Who would their trade partner be with Det, NYJ, and TB investing through the draft? There is always the possibility of Denver but who else? SF? I can't imagine Washington would take that kind of step... again, but you never know.