Wes Welker Recovery Going Fine. Torn rotator cuff too?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
They own about half of the 2nd round in this draft. If they can't find a decent receiver to fill-in until Welker's healed up, it's their own fault.

mills

I think they will be using Edelman as his replacement? He seems to be Welkerlite™.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
I think they will be using Edelman as his replacement? He seems to be Welkerlite™.
Welkerlike? I'm being honest when I say, after watching Edelman in the pre-season and then again when Welker was out (weeks 2 and 3), you could have given Edelman Welkers jersey to wear and no one would have known the difference (week 2: 16 tgts / 8 rec / 98yds).
Not to mention the kid will likely be the teams #3 QB saving another roster spot. (he was a QB in college)

Pretty good value for a late 7th rd draft pick last year. Who did your team get in the 7th round? ;)

efactor

Coming at you
Welkerlike? I'm being honest when I say, after watching Edelman in the pre-season and then again when Welker was out (weeks 2 and 3), you could have given Edelman Welkers jersey to wear and no one would have known the difference (week 2: 16 tgts / 8 rec / 98yds).
Not to mention the kid will likely be the teams #3 QB saving another roster spot. (he was a QB in college)

First time I saw Edelman in a preseason game, I seriously thought that Welker had changed his number...........

Amazing first year considering he moved from QB to WR. I really don't think their offense will skip a beat with him in there.............

steelon

I've got Welker in both my dynasty leagues and a keeper league, all PPR and IDP. My only leagues. I have Edelman in the two dynasty leagues. In my salary cap dynasty league though, I would have to franchise tag him to keep him. He's only $1 of a $250 cap but F-tags run for 3 years and we're only allowed to have 2 F-tags on our roster at any one time. They can't be dropped or traded either. I didn't use any of my tags yet, but I'm using one on Shonn Greene at $!3. Can't afford to blow my other one on Edelman unless I know he'll be the guy. No more tags then for 3 years. We only have 10 reserve spots with 17 starters so you can't afford to have a deadbeat you can't drop and Welker's on my IR with a year to go on his contract after the auction. We can only drop 1-year players, no long-term guys so I got to drop Edelman and hope I can get him back at auction. Four leagues last year. Won one, 2nd in the other 3. Welker was a big part in PPR.