Wentz done for the year and longer?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
As feared Doug Pederson confirmed Carson Wentz suffered a torn ACL and is out for the season.

Ouch for the Eagles and ouch for my team. My first place Hydrocarbons lost Rodgers earlier this season and then yesterday lost Wentz and McClown. That's some kind of bad luck right there. I'm down to Bortles and worse than that on the wire. Good grief Charlie Brown.

The beat goes on...

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I really believe the Eagles were the NFC team to beat all the way to the title before this happened. Well balanced running, passing, and on defense. I still think they'll limp into the playoffs but they are going far without Wentz.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I have no doubt they will still make playoffs(they locked the NFC East with win last night ;) ). That being said, I think they can win a game or so with Foles, but I don't see any way in hell they can get to the superbowl now.

I also don't think they would have this year anyway....alot of youth and inexperience in playoff games told me that.

I just hope he is ready for season next year. He really drives the offense.

hikeNbike

This is rough, city of Philadelphia seems snake bitten. I thought Eagles would be in the Super Bowl in spite of their inexperience, because I dont see a great team out there, and the other Minnesota and LA seems equally inexperienced, and New Orleans are we still believers in that defense?

I could see Atlanta, Seattle, or Green Bay if they sneak in running the table out of the Wild Card spot. Whoever wins figures to get clubbed by the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

eaglechick

I'm back :)
I'm still drinking the Kool-Aid. The defense will need to keep their play at a high level, and we'll need to rely more on our run game, but Foles is good enough imo. The biggest question is the O-line, but I really think it's do-able. It will not be as fun or as pretty to watch as it was with Wentz, but now, we can play with a chip on our shoulder.

Yes, I'm an eternal optimist, but I think we're playing on house money. Love my 2017 Iggles! Next man up :)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Jay Ajayi's "touches are going up each week."

Pederson added Ajayi is "fitting in really well." Ajayi played 43 snaps and had an Eagles' high 16 touches Week 14 against the Rams. With the offense likely to be more run-heavy following Carson Wentz's season-ending knee injury and the coaches steadily increasing Ajayi's role, he is a high-upside RB2 against the Giants.

Source: Philly.com

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think Philly wins game one in playoffs, but then loses in next round. I love what they are doing, but Wentz made this offense work with his ability to run....Foles isn't that mobile.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
I think Nicky did a pretty good job yesterday, albeit against the Giants. But 4 TDs is nothing to sneer at in any case.

The problem was the D! Ugh what a stinker. At least it was a W :)