Wannstedt done as Pitt coach

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Wannstedt has stepped aside at Pitt. He may remain with the university in another role per ESPN.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Pitt was a power. With all that talent in their backyard, there is no reason why they couldn't be again.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
They are a 7-9 game winner during the good times. Other than Wanny no one has won 10 games at Pitt in almost 30 years. The area doesnt produce like it used to.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
They are a 7-9 game winner during the good times.

They are winning 3 Natl. Championships in 4 years in the good times. This ain't ancient history either. I am not ancient. Happened in my lifetime, though I am too young to remember the Majors-Sherrill days. Western PA is still loaded with football talent and if WVU can build a pipeline to Florida, their rival closer to the airport should be able to as well.

Never thought highly of Wannstedt. Pitt needs a good coach.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
No, they arent. Something that happened over 30 years ago does not make Pitt relevant. They only have one recognized National Championship (1976) since the 1930s.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
They have the talent nearby, they have the population base, they have recent success, and national championship success. Plenty of great alums to lean on too: Marino, Fitzgerald, Dorsett, Ditka, Revis...

The reason you think lowly of Pitt is because they have been greatly underachieving. They have the facilities, they just need a good coaching staff.

If they can win 10 with a dud like Wannstedt, think what they could do with a good coach.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
But back to topic:

I think he didnt do THAT bad. You think he did, but in any event, they arent going to get to where they want to be with him as coach.

Im curious to see who they can get to take the job.