Very Strong at WR, weak at RB. Need some advice.

brtdud7

My team:

QB: Schaub, Vince Young

RB: Mendy, Forte, Moreno, Bernie Scott, Anthony Dixon

WR: Colston, Jennings, Roddy, Hester, James Jones, Hartline, Collie, Meachem, Gaffney

TE: Gates

K: Akers

D: cowboys

I know I'm strong at WR but weak at RB.

Trade proposal:

I give: Meachem and Collie
I get: Vincent Jackson

no brainer, right? Already have my starting 3, VJax could play flex. Right after the trade passes, I would put vjax on the block for a RB. either him for one straight-up, him and hester, or him and forte.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T flex starting

basic scoring: 5 points per passing TD, 6 TDs for every other TD (rush/rec/return), 10 yards per point rush/rec, 20 yard per point returning, .4 points per pass completion, .2 yards per rush attempt, 25 yards per point passing yards

i'll bump this thread to include other trades if necessary

JackG1980

After looking at your roster I would do the Vincent trade. You have nothing to lose. Gaffney and Hest will be your main sleepers.
Anyway how does this help your RB situation? I would put R. White and the block and see what you can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

brtdud7

not really a no brainer... Who knows how many games Vincent will miss. Anyway how does this help your RB situation? I would put R. White and the block and see what you can get.

it doesnt right now but it gives me an apparent upgrade that i could either trade now or wait until later to.

if anyone, i would put colston on the block anyway

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I feel your pain because I forsee my team looking a lot like yours after our $$ leage draft. I may have to put either R Wayne, C Johnson, or A Miles on the block to try and get a true #1 RB. But I'll wait on my draft to panic.Last year I got Benson in the 5th and Caddy a round later so I have some hope still.

brtdud7

I feel your pain because I forsee my team looking a lot like yours after our $$ leage draft. I may have to put either R Wayne, C Johnson, or A Miles on the block to try and get a true #1 RB. But I'll wait on my draft to panic.Last year I got Benson in the 5th and Caddy a round later so I have some hope still.

Yeah, it tends to happen in all my leagues that I;m weak at RB. I kept Kolb, Moreno, Roddy, Jennings, and Gates. I had the #2 and #3 overall picks, where I took Mendenhall and Mathews. After that, on all my picks the WRs were better than the available RBs.

I then traded Kolb, Mathews, and Kellen Winslow to a guy for Schaub, Forte, and Colston (he has no TEs).

My main reasoning for doing this is that I'll have my 3 WRs set every week, Moreno and Mendenhall starting, then Forte and Hester/Gaffney at flex. If I do this, after 3 games I'll have that flex as well.

If I accept, I would put Colston, VJax, and Forte on the block to improve my RBs. I guess that's the luxury of having such strong WRs, that I can put Colston on the block.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yeah, it tends to happen in all my leagues that I;m weak at RB. I kept Kolb, Moreno, Roddy, Jennings, and Gates. I had the #2 and #3 overall picks, where I took Mendenhall and Mathews. After that, on all my picks the WRs were better than the available RBs.

I then traded Kolb, Mathews, and Kellen Winslow to a guy for Schaub, Forte, and Colston (he has no TEs).

My main reasoning for doing this is that I'll have my 3 WRs set every week, Moreno and Mendenhall starting, then Forte and Hester/Gaffney at flex. If I do this, after 3 games I'll have that flex as well.

If I accept, I would put Colston, VJax, and Forte on the block to improve my RBs. I guess that's the luxury of having such strong WRs, that I can put Colston on the block.
Personally, I think you got hosed in this deal, and that is why you are screwed now. You dealt a young top Qb, a young soon to be stud Rb, and a solid Te depth for a Qb you didn't need a Rb who isn't worth it, and a Wr who when healthy is great...but isn't healthy alot.

Trade for V.Jackson if you want, but you won't get any value, as he will hold out...and you won't get the Rb you now need.

I would suggest you do the other and offer White or some other Wr talent to try and fix what you messed up.

brtdud7

Personally, I think you got hosed in this deal, and that is why you are screwed now. You dealt a young top Qb, a young soon to be stud Rb, and a solid Te depth for a Qb you didn't need a Rb who isn't worth it, and a Wr who when healthy is great...but isn't healthy alot.

Well see, no one had any need for a TE besides this guy, and I see Schaub as an upgrade to Kolb, who played mop-up duty for 2 games and everyone was acting like he was Peyton Manning.

I tried for 2 weeks to trade Kolb, Winslow, Jennings or Roddy to upgrade at RB and I got nothing.

I see Forte having a bounce-back year. The stats Colston has put up is worth a bit of injury risk, at least for me

Also, weird you think I got hosed. A few owners in the league wanted to veto it, and most of the others said I got the better deal, but didn't veto because "some owners choose to manage different ways".

I got the offer and took it. I looked at my roster and saw Winslow, Collie, Hester, and Gaffney fighting for one weekly flex spot with Meachem starting and figured it was a good deal.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well see, no one had any need for a TE besides this guy, and I see Schaub as an upgrade to Kolb, who played mop-up duty for 2 games and everyone was acting like he was Peyton Manning.

I tried for 2 weeks to trade Kolb, Winslow, Jennings or Roddy to upgrade at RB and I got nothing.

I see Forte having a bounce-back year. The stats Colston has put up is worth a bit of injury risk, at least for me

Also, weird you think I got hosed. A few owners in the league wanted to veto it, and most of the others said I got the better deal, but didn't veto because "some owners choose to manage different ways".

I got the offer and took it. I looked at my roster and saw Winslow, Collie, Hester, and Gaffney fighting for one weekly flex spot with Meachem starting and figured it was a good deal.

Well lets clarify some then. I do think Schaub is an upgrade to Kolb, but not by a whole lot. Also last year was his first year where he didn't miss significant time. Still an upgrade for sure.

Colston is a definate help. He will win you some games on his own. N.O. scares me this year though, and you have Moore back, with meachem and colston and Henderson. Just a lot of targets.

Forte though....is where you got hosed. And in my opinion ruins the deal. There is no real belief that Forte will be anything more than last year. He is not Faulk, nor was gore when Martz was in San Fran, nor K.Smith while Martz was in Detroit. Wrs get value from martz, not tes or Rbs. Add to that the huge push to get C.Taylor....and I think Forte won't be any better than last year. Just my opinion though.

I guess my point on this was, you wanted to help your Rb situation. You dealt a Qb that a whole lot of folks want, an a TE that will be the main receiving option for a young Qb so a plus for ppr, and what could be one of the top young Rbs in matthews for Colston basically, and a slight upgrade at Qb.

brtdud7

Well alright, I guess I got screwed in that deal. Hopefully, Kolb and Mathews don't produce as expected, so that everyone can be wrong and so that the butthurt Philadelphia fans realize what they lost in McNabb. But that's all in the past. It's only my second year playing fantasy so I guess I'll live and learn.

What about the deal of Collie and Meachem for VJax?

cctekguy

Staff member
That's my question too.

The thread topic states "Weak At RB" but every trade you talk about concerns WRs.

You have identified the problem and feel the need to do something about it but trading your "tradeables" for something you don't need is a waste.

brtdud7

Gonna have to ask, what about this particularly appeals to you?

well, i figure that he gets traded and starts after week 3 and becomes his typical self. or i just trade him right after i get him.

i think ill go to some owners and work out a trade with vjax if i was to accept.

the reason im talking about vjax here is because i might be able to turn him into a RB easier than collie or meachem, who nobody has bit on.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
well, i figure that he gets traded and starts after week 3 and becomes his typical self. or i just trade him right after i get him.

i think ill go to some owners and work out a trade with vjax if i was to accept.

the reason im talking about vjax here is because i might be able to turn him into a RB easier than collie or meachem, who nobody has bit on.

No one will give you a RB worth anything for Jackson right now.

brtdud7

alright, i guess ill come back if i can work up an offer involving a RB. i dont want to waste your guys' time, more than i have already.

brtdud7- Please don't feel like you have wasted anyone's time. I believe that everyone who has posted in this thread truly has your best interests in mind. Vincent Jackson is a guy who really might not play a down of football this year and might only play 5-6 at BEST.

As far as your other trade is concerned, dunno: If you like it then screw everyone else. You just never know how the football season is going to play out.

I hope you don't hesitate to continue to spitball ideas for trades and roster moves around here. We all just want to help the best we can.

Opinions are like assholes......... :)

brtdud7

yeah, not really waste people's time. more just that i came in with one question and only asked about another

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
alright, i guess ill come back if i can work up an offer involving a RB. i dont want to waste your guys' time, more than i have already.

BRT, this is what we do. It's not a waste of time by any means, you ask for advice and we give it, sometimes though, I feel that we do come off as a little brash, especially when three or four of us start agreeing, it then can seem like we're almost bullying you into thinking our opinion is the right one. I would love to say that we're always right but no one is, more often than not, fantasy football is a guessing game.

To me, donating your bench for trade bait, and, IMO, not particularly good trade bait, is a dangerous move. You've got talent in them receivers, use them to land you a RB capable of filling the void left from the Mathews trade.

But no matter what, and I do hate to say this :grin:, take Slabaugh's advice:

As far as your other trade is concerned, dunno: If you like it then screw everyone else. You just never know how the football season is going to play out.

If you feel that you're right, that it is the best move for you and your team, to hell with what I, or anyone else here, writes down.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well alright, I guess I got screwed in that deal. Hopefully, Kolb and Mathews don't produce as expected, so that everyone can be wrong and so that the butthurt Philadelphia fans realize what they lost in McNabb. But that's all in the past. It's only my second year playing fantasy so I guess I'll live and learn.

What about the deal of Collie and Meachem for VJax?
Again as I stated before I don't see how it helps you. VJax is not going to play much at all this year IMO. He at best misses 6 games, at worst won't come back till after 10 weeks. They won't deal him, as he won't find anyone who will pay him what he wants. So he sits til end of season. Now, if you have a strong team, and can sit on a guy all year....that could be gold for playoffs and such. But my point is you won't deal him to someone else later for Rb talent you want. Sorry.