UNLV is #1

Zach

I am still trying to figure out these numbers... as they are not consistent (drops to just under a million in 2009)

CSM0810 Search and Report

... but hell at least my future alma mater is number one in something

Looking into the numbers given here, and considering conference expansion, there is an obvious choice of which conference every school would want into.

CSM0810 Search and Report

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
If something ever happened to Phil Knight or T. Boone Pickens, their franchises will fall off a cliff. No other booster or group of boosters come close to these two. I never knew it has this lopsided.

Zach

If something ever happened to Phil Knight or T. Boone Pickens, their franchises will fall off a cliff. No other booster or group of boosters come close to these two. I never knew it has this lopsided.

Yea - another one of those suprising numbers. Most schools have nowhere near a 70 million dollar budget... let alone get that much just because.

Zach

See.. another thread the Sarge is in... these spammers just love ya Sarge - you dont scare them none

DearbornDolfan

I'm just going to point out here that in all actuality the service academies have the deepest potential pool of financial resources and it isn't even close.

Zach

Oh - and just for the record - those numbers refering to UNLV's subsidy are a bunch of bull****.

Done my own research on them and there is huge problems with numbers reported about UNLV on the web (which instantly makes me question any other number)

Another source is USA Today - Athletics Subsidies at Division I Schools - USATODAY.com

UNLV once again leads the way. While ESPN reports that UNLV only got a 20 million dollar subsidy last year USAToday bumps it up to 34 million for last year.

One problem.

The entire athletic budget is less than 30 million. For last year before you consider any self generated income they received 2.25 million in student fees and another 7.5 million from the state of Nevada. (not saying those numbers are good - just saying thats almost 10 million more bucks that you take off the 27 million dollar budget)

Then you throw in football revenue (football does lose money - but it does bring in millions also), money from the conference contracts and bowl game payouts (ie TCU in the conference), and basketball revenue (which makes money)....

Making me wonder about all the other numbers and what sort of accounting both ESPN and USAToday used to come up with their numbers.