Todd Haley to become new Chiefs head coach

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Not too shocking since they've waited so long, but pretty big news anyways. I have to imagine he'll accept.

Gotta wonder how this affects both offenses. Can't expect Arizona to look quite the same without their offensive guru, and I wouldn't be stunned to see Kurt Warner walk away from the game rather than start from scratch again. Or even..... could he follow Haley to Kansas City? Wow, that would be a stunner.

In KC, they've got to start from the bottom up, and that sound you just heard was Dwayne Bowe's "fallen" stock shooting through the roof. If Haley can talk Tony Gonzalez into staying as well, he could have his best year yet statistically!

1 Crazy Commish

Good for him. Hope he does great. KC still has some pretty good talent left there. Let's rise that AFC West out of the ashes.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I wouldn't be stunned to see Kurt Warner walk away from the game rather than start from scratch again. Or even..... could he follow Haley to Kansas City? Wow, that would be a stunner.
Your not serious are you?? Yep, that is just what Warner is going to want to do at age 39......follow his OC to his first HC job and start from scratch in a rebuilding process and leave the best WR duo in the league......wow, doesn't that just scream of genius.....

And how would Warner be starting from scratch in Arizona?? Those WR's in Zona have more to do with Haley's success than him being an "offensive genius".....

Haley may be a decent head coach, but it's far from a done deal and I'm not ready to label him an offensive genius just b/c he had some success with the loaded offense he got to coach.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Off subject - Warner will play for Arizona, or will retire. That is a given.

On Subject - I like the hire of Haley. Will be curious if he is okay with Thigpen, who really started to blossom late, or will want to draft his own guy. I still think LJ is a goner. Gonzales sounded very optimistic...so he may be around again as well.