Thomas Jones And Jonathan Baldwin Duke It Out

cctekguy

Staff member
610 AM in Kansas City reports Chiefs WR Jonathan Baldwin injured his wrist during a locker room fight with RB Thomas Jones and is likely to miss the rest of the preseason. NFL Network confirmed the report and also noted that the injury is not expected to linger into the regular season, but doctors are still evaluating the injury. The Chiefs have been unwilling to acknowledge that there was an altercation between Baldwin and Jones But teammates have confirmed the fight and that Baldwin came away with an injury.

This is messed up, y'all.

Jones is a seasoned vet with no history of "trouble".

Who is this Baldwin guy and WTF was he thinking?

The Chiefs are a screwed up organization guys and I'd be very thoughtful before I drafted one.

Hell, I haven't even drafted Moeaki this year. (Todd Heap is my new TE love)

Runnik's Hambones

Why would you **** with TJ? One of his guns is the size of your head! Baldwin is an exceptionally talented rookie WR from Pitt. I don't know the story and why they fought, but it sounds to me like the rookie needs to shut the **** up when grown folks is talkin!

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
T Jones is one of the most underrated RBs of our time. His stats are pretty impressive, but he gets no respect. Maybe the rookie was disrespecting him.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Kevin Kietzman of 810 WHB in Kansas City confirms that Jonathan Baldwin has a cracked thumb -- not a broken wrist as initially reported.
Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City has since changed his report to state that Baldwin's injury is to his thumb. Regardless, it's a multi-week injury and will kill any chance Baldwin had at a Week 1 starting job. Per Keitzman, the Baldwin-Thomas Jones fight began when the rookie "got into a heated exchange" with Jamaal Charles in Tuesday's practice. Baldwin and Jones later came to blows, and "ome vets indicate they can’t stand Baldwin’s sense of entitlement." Leading up to the draft, NFL Network's Mike Mayock reported that Baldwin "had a well-earned reputation as a diva." It's carried over from Pitt to the NFL.

DearbornDolfan

You just know that Cassel is going to set this asshole up on a slant pattern and either Davis or Clemons is going to knock the **** out of him. Personally speaking I hope they do it until Baldwin can't walk under his own power.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This was the knock on Baldwin to start with, he was lazy and a diva. Now he goes up against a guy who has a short fuse(yes there are past reports of Jones fighting in camp....). You get what you get when you are a big mouthed rookie.

Breaston looks even better to me now....

Fire

in the hole
Quote Originally Posted by Sgt John View Post
Baldwins only real drawback is his lack of a second gear to make him a home run threat in the NFL. Still, the guy has Brandon Marshall but with a better attitude written all over him
Not so sure about this:

According to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, Pittsburgh WR Jonathan Baldwin "has a well-earned reputation as a diva."
"And publicly trashed his starting QB at Pitt," adds Mayock. Baldwin was also arrested in May of 2009 for allegedly groping a female student on a bus, and has had public altercations with the Sporting News' Russ Lande and Chris Steuber of NFL Draft Scout, both for no good reason. Mayock believes Baldwin will still go early in the second round. That might be a bit generous.
Source: NFL.com

Another point for Mayock.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Wonder if KC fines either or suspends either one for this. Gotta nip it in the bud before it makes matters worse in the locker room.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Who doesnt have a "serious mental disorder" in this day and age? Its quite popular to blame your failings on the need for therapy and mommy not holding you enough.

DearbornDolfan

Who doesnt have a "serious mental disorder" in this day and age? Its quite popular to blame your failings on the need for therapy and mommy not holding you enough.

You don't go to Mass General to be treated for Borderline Personality Disorder for ****s and giggles. That's a major expense even for an NFL star.

cctekguy

Staff member
No offense Dolfan but even the name of the "condition" is funny.

"Borderline Personality Disorder"

Having a personaiity disorder doesn't really sound that life threatening so being "Borderline" sounds almost comical.

Borderline implies: CLOSE....but not there yet.

If you were borderline speeding, you would not get a ticket.

If you were borderline late to work, you would not get fired.

If you were borderline failing, you would advance to the next grade.

Borderline mental disorder, to me, sounds like someone just needs to kick your butt back towards mainstream personality disorder.

Can I get a disability check for being borderline disabled? Will I start to get a social security check if I am borderline retired?

Not making light of this "serious" condition...it's just worded funny.