The moment that disgusts me about National Signing Day just happened

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I've been sitting here most of the day watching the college National Signing Day coverage and a lot of these kids are extravagant or they have some trick to announce where they're going to college and that's perfectly fine. It is their moment and it's a once-in-a-lifetime moment.

What is absolutely disgusting to me was watching a high school senior commit to the University of Florida and his mother gets up and immediately walks away from the table he's at while she's wearing another schools ( Tennessee or Alabama) beanie.

You could tell it broke that kid's heart that his mother, instead of respecting his decision of where he wanted to go to school and where he wanted to play football, would get up and walk out because he didn't go to the school that she wanted him to or that she was a fan of.

You may not agree with your child's decision of where he wants to go to college, but at least have the class to sit there and hold your tongue instead of embarrassing him and stealing his moment on National Television in one of the biggest moments of his life so far.

MongerKhan

Staff member
I will add this part as an edit. She did come back eventually and give him a hug. To me this does not excuse her actions in the least and he will never forget what she did on one of the biggest days of his life.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I was disgusted today when Patrick Surtain signed with Alabama after having said he was LSU all the way for two years. I feel for him though because he apparently cried his heart out last night as he made the decision to spur the Tigers offer.

MongerKhan

Staff member
I was disgusted today when Patrick Surtain signed with Alabama after having said he was LSU all the way for two years. I feel for him though because he apparently cried his heart out last night as he made the decision to spur the Tigers offer.
Yeah y'all have to do something about your head coach. The sub-par recruiting classes are unacceptable in a place that should be able to walk into any living room and pick and choose who they want.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Tell that to the AD, I already know it. Why they didn't move on from Coach Zero is a mystery to me. Good guy but out of his league in a big way.

Bucknut

I've been sitting here most of the day watching the college National Signing Day coverage and a lot of these kids are extravagant or they have some trick to announce where they're going to college and that's perfectly fine. It is their moment and it's a once-in-a-lifetime moment.

What is absolutely disgusting to me was watching a high school senior commit to the University of Florida and his mother gets up and immediately walks away from the table he's at while she's wearing another schools ( Tennessee or Alabama) beanie.

You could tell it broke that kid's heart that his mother, instead of respecting his decision of where he wanted to go to school and where he wanted to play football, would get up and walk out because he didn't go to the school that she wanted him to or that she was a fan of.

You may not agree with your child's decision of where he wants to go to college, but at least have the class to sit there and hold your tongue instead of embarrassing him and stealing his moment on National Television in one of the biggest moments of his life so far.
That's harsh. If my kid had the talent to play at that level I would become a fan of whoever he chooses. Even Michigan.