The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
PPR league, 6 points TD, bonus for long scores, 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving. Pick 2 of each.

RB:

*Benson at HOU
*Turner at CHI

Bradshaw or Jacobs @ NO

WR:
*V Jackson at DEN
*Hester at ATL

Berrian at BAL
Royal at SD (yep I went and got him back off of waivers)

Everyone else is on a bye week. * indicates the way I currently have them lined up. Thanks a bunch Chris.

#1bears fan

Week of Matchups

I need ya this week bud!! Too many optins and I hate having points on my bench!

QB
Warner / E Manning shoot out in New Orleans
WR
A Johnson / I hat sitting studs but CinCin has denied #1 receivers all year
M Colston / matchup vs. NYG
M Sims Walker / great matchup against STL thinking about sitting AJ for him
RB
Westbrook / starting
Benson / starting
A Bradshaw / I hate sitting him
T Hightower / ??
T Jones vs Buffalo
TE
Whitten on abye so I picked up Winslow

Do I sit AJ for Sims walker or do I play Sims walker over everyone else at Flex! :headscratch:

Danlaff777

Tough Call this week - Standard Scoring, 5 point bonus for 100 yards rushing or receiving.

Start 2

Ray Rice @ Minn
Brandon Jacobs @ Saints
Marshawn Lynch vs Jets
Tomlinson vs Denver

silver

i have been offered a trade: to receive hester and santana moss in place of steve smith NYG should i accept?

johnlines:

I would go with Marshall, Mason and White. Johnson is still not practicing, Sims-Walker is in the doghouse and Maclin will be hard pressed to duplicate his performance from last week.

Start Brees. He will have a huge game if you bench him

I like Bradshaw, Grant and Rice. San Diego running game scares the hell out of me right now. I would wait another week or two to get a better idea of what's going on there. Is LT finished? Will Sproles get a significant amt. of carries w/him as the starter?

Boldin and Steve Smith

trade4food:

Absolutely start Jennings over Sims-Walker. He's too good not to have a big game against Detroit.

I like Keller over Watson. :thumbsup: on the rest of your lineup.

I like Bush, but I would probably drop somebody like Ben Watson for him instead

pipeman:

I have not been sold on Joe Flacco. I think that last week was more of what you are going to see from him. Go with Ryan as the Bears try to shut down Turner

S/Jax should have his best game of the year against Jacksonville. Both teams are bad enough that this game will be close enough for Jackson to get a steady dose of carries even into the 4th quarter which is what a strong runner like Jackson needs to be effective

I would go with Burleson as your #2. Champ did a good job of shutting down Randy Moss and will probably be all over Jackson. I see a lot of Gates in this game.

I think that I would do the Jacobs deal. His production should increase, (at least in the TD dept. if not the yardage dept) he's much better then he's been performing so far. Gives you a great shot at winning this year and next.

mudlogger:

I like the RB's you have right now. I think both will outproduce either Jacobs or Bradshaw.

For your WR's I think that I would bench Hester in favor of Royal :scared: I read a comment from Royal stating that his struggles have been b/c he had to learn 3 different receiving positions in the offseason and its all starting to come together for him. He'll find the endzone this week.

#1BearsFan:

Cincinatti has shut down the #1 for every team that they have played, this is true. HOWEVER- Andre Johnson is in a different class altogether then any receiver that they have played against. The guy is the best receiver in football imo and I would not sit him ever.

I'm not so sure that the NYG/NO game is going to be the shootout that everyone thinks it will be (it just seems that these games never turn out like they are expected to) I would go with Warner.

I like playing Sims-Walker as your flex

silver:

No way. Steve Smith is the #1-#2 receiver in fantasy right now. Moss and Hester are trash compared to him. The only way I would even give this a second thought is if the rest of your receivers after Smith are horrendous.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Thanks Chris, I've had the same thoughts about Royal but was skeered it could be to onset of oldtimers that was causing those thoughts. A small but appreciative donation made to your meager account.

silver

QB

thanks for all your help

some sites are predicting flacco to have a better weekend than brees
what do you think?

#1bears fan

top thanked

It has become my personal goal to make sure you are on the top of the most thanked board....come on guys (and ladies) he helps us every week