The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I'm in a tight spot this week. I have LT and he is probably out this week. I have Moreno, Chris Wells and Michael Bush. Which RB should I start?

silver

PPR league
which RB?
barber, choice, leon washington, willie parker

forsett and maroney are available free agent

Last edited by a moderator:

silver

free agent WR
any worth picking up for bye weeks?
stokley (DEN), stuckey (jets), michael clayton (TB), michael jenkins (ATL), garcon (IND), caldwell and henry (CIN), galloway (NE)
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
For your RB starters:

Barber is probably out so I would go with Parker and Washington

I don't really think much of Maroney or Forsett.

FA WR's I like Stuckey or Henry as bye week starters in that order

Just a heads up for anyone coming here for answers:

I will be going out of town tonight and will be w/out internet until probably Sat. afternoon. Feel free to still ask your questions, just don't panic if its a couple of days before I can get back to you.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Standard scoring with .5 PPR

Pick 3 RB's to start - Let's assume LT and MB lll are not playing.

F. Jackson vs N.O.
F. Jones vs Car
R. Rice vs Cle
D. Sproles vs Mia
P. Thomas @ Buf

Thanks

Fire

in the hole
1 pt. PPR league:

Need to pick 2 of these 4 RB's:

Westbrook vs. KC
L. Washington vs. Tenn.
Rice vs. Clev.
F. Jackson vs. NO

Need to pick 2 of these WR's:

Housh vs. Chi.
B. Edwards @ Balt.
S. Smith (Giants) @ TB

Need 1 TE:

Daniels vs. Jax
Olsen @ Sea.

Thanks in advance.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Just a heads up for anyone coming here for answers:

I will be going out of town tonight and will be w/out internet until probably Sat. afternoon. Feel free to still ask your questions, just don't panic if its a couple of days before I can get back to you.
I'm no line-up Dr....but I am a line-up surgeon. Until Chris can return I'll do my best to field the questions in his absence.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Standard scoring with .5 PPR

Pick 3 RB's to start - Let's assume LT and MB lll are not playing.

F. Jackson vs N.O.
F. Jones vs Car
R. Rice vs Cle
D. Sproles vs Mia

P. Thomas @ Buf

Thanks
Last week of FJax as the only show in town, you can't sit him the way he is playing.

Felix the cat vs Carolina's D looks like a good match-up. Barber is out so expect more Jones, but he won't be the only show, but he should get his. Choice will see some of Barber's role but with the .5 for rec, I think Jones is a safe start.

Mighty Mouse Sproles should find some opportunities to gash the Dolphin defense. Expect a couple big plays and a decent amoutn of rushing yards.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
1 pt. PPR league:

Need to pick 2 of these 4 RB's:

Westbrook vs. KC
L. Washington vs. Tenn.
Rice vs. Clev.
F. Jackson vs. NO

Need to pick 2 of these WR's:

Housh vs. Chi.
B. Edwards @ Balt.
S. Smith (Giants) @ TB

Need 1 TE:

Daniels vs. Jax
Olsen @ Sea.

Thanks in advance.
RB's:
FJax, can't sit him this week.
Hard to give up on Westy and Sunday morning I may feel differently but he's banged up and Rice has a JUICY match-up with the Browns. He may not get the goaline, and he may be in a RBBC, but there will be enough to go around this week. He will be heavily involved in the passing game and the ppr aspect gives him the nod.

WR's:
Go with the hot hand in Steve Smith. As for the other 2, I think you go with housh as he is less likely to lay an egg. Edwards is too inconsistent to trust against the Ravens.

TE's:
The Olsen/Cutler connection has yet to get off the ground. Daniels is consistent and a much better option at this point. Gotta go Daniels.

trade4food

In a std scoring league, who should I start:

QB: Palmer or Flacco

RB (2):
Turner
T. Jones
Cedric B.
Cadillac
Parker

WR (3):
Boldin
Jennigs
Smith (NYG)
Manningham
Crayton

Thanks!

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device

infamous

Standard 12 man PPR league with 3 point bonus for 100 yds rushing/receiving and 6 points for passing td's

QB- Rodgers Farve

RB- Sproles,F.Jackson,Westbrook, Rice

WR- Andre Johnson, Cotchery, Manningham, Driver, Berrian

I bolded what my lineup looks like now but i'm curious if I should change out Rice for Sproles, or Driver for Cotchery or Manningham seeing as how I get double points for a Driver TD from Rodgers.

I never get great matchups for most of my players so I dont wanna choose the wrong one...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
In a std scoring league, who should I start:

QB: Palmer or Flacco

RB (2):
Turner
T. Jones
Cedric B.
Cadillac
Parker

WR (3):
Boldin
Jennigs
Smith (NYG)

Manningham
Crayton

Thanks!

Paul
Posted via Mobile Device
Paul,

At QB, gotta play the match-up and hot hand here. Flacco is hot and playing the Browns......Palmer had a nice week 2, but is playing the Steelers who give him fits. Take the safe bet and go with Flacco.

RB's: You drafted Turner for a reason, start him! For RB2....man gotta say I know why your stuck, tough call here. I like Benson, but not the match-up this week...Jones also has a tough match-up vs Tenn. Caddy is better in ppr leagues, but has been solid and Parker and the Pitt passing attack have been very bad and the bengals D better than expected....yuck. If I had to pick one I'd roll the dice with Caddy due to him having the better match-up for run D's.

Wr's: Gotta stick with Boldin and Jennings IMO. Jennings will not be shut out again. I like Steve Smith over Manningham and Crayton. Smith should show more consistency week to week than the other two making him the better play.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Standard 12 man PPR league with 3 point bonus for 100 yds rushing/receiving and 6 points for passing td's

QB- Rodgers Farve

RB- Sproles,F.Jackson,Westbrook, Rice

WR- Andre Johnson, Cotchery, Manningham, Driver, Berrian

I bolded what my lineup looks like now but i'm curious if I should change out Rice for Sproles, or Driver for Cotchery or Manningham seeing as how I get double points for a Driver TD from Rodgers.

I never get great matchups for most of my players so I dont wanna choose the wrong one...

No issue with QB or RB, keep Sproles.

For WR, Cotch has been consistent and he has a great passing match-up. I think I keep him in there. You are right you get the double from Driver, and he's not a bad play, but Manningham has been very good and has the Bucs pass D who has been a juicy play. I think I'd stick there.....however, a sneaky play is berrian, I think Minny will have to pass more this week and I expect a break out week from him. If you want a riskier play, I do like Berrian this week.

Phil Dawson

Flex spot

.5 ppr league Lendale in a tough matchup, Moreno with a sore groin, Earl Bennet who disappeared last week or Tashard Choice? If it's Moreno, who would you switch to if he can't go?

Thanks for the help.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
.5 ppr league Lendale in a tough matchup, Moreno with a sore groin, Earl Bennet who disappeared last week or Tashard Choice? If it's Moreno, who would you switch to if he can't go?

Thanks for the help.
Yeah If Moreno goes I like the play against the Raiders....if he does not I'd go with Choice. Bennett is too risky at this point, Knox is taking some of his reps.

I think I stay away from White till he shows something or you get a great match-up.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
No issue with QB or RB, keep Sproles.

For WR, Cotch has been consistent and he has a great passing match-up. I think I keep him in there. You are right you get the double from Driver, and he's not a bad play, but Manningham has been very good and has the Bucs pass D who has been a juicy play. I think I'd stick there.....however, a sneaky play is berrian, I think Minny will have to pass more this week and I expect a break out week from him. If you want a riskier play, I do like Berrian this week.

And keep in mind Percy Harvin is a GTD (migraines)