The Lineup Doctor 2009 Edition

not playoffs yet.

i have MSW, santonio holmes, donald driver, and terrell owens. pick 3 to start?

im thinking MSW, driver, and T.O. I know hines is out and this will probably result in more targets/catches for santonio, but the weather is making me nervous as well (sticking to the run to avoid the wind) as the game probably getting out of hand early.

T.O has a good matchup against the chiefs and this game will probably stay closer for longer

its a non-PPR league.

I think Holmes and T.O are probably a wash this week. Both will probably put up similar numbers and T.O is the safer play.

This is WEEK 1 of the Playoffs I need help at QB and RB:

QB -- Schaub or Alex Smith.

Schaub has a good matchup home and against SEA and is likely to play, but if he gets hurt I am S.O.L. Alex Smith does not have as great of a matchup (Home vs. ARIZONA) but he does not have a jacked up Shoulder. My instincts says play Schaub...but that does not come without some big risk.

RB -- Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles.

Ray Rice has Detroit and even with some TD vultures on the Ravens, I am starting RICE

Peterson has been lackluster and seems a tad hobbled with the knee issue. He is going to play but against a good Cincy D.

Jamaal Charles is starting, they have nothing else and its against the AWFUL Buffalo run D.

So am I crazy to even CONSIDER SITTING Peterson this week for Jamaal Charles?

Thoughts..and thanks!

Anyone can get hurt at anytime so don't let that bother you. (I have Schaub in my $$ league and was screaming and biting my nails when he left last week.) Go with Schaub. His durablity has been his main knock over the years and he knows it. One thing I have observed this year as a Schaub owner is that he has made a point of getting up fast after big hits and trying as hard as he can to stay in the game when he gets dinged up. Don't worry about him leaving the game if he takes a hit.

No you're not crazy to think about sitting Peterson, but I would never advise anyone to get cute in the playoffs and bench the #1 overall draft choice. Peterson is a must start each and every week.

realmwalker

Anyone can get hurt at anytime so don't let that bother you. (I have Schaub in my $$ league and was screaming and biting my nails when he left last week.) Go with Schaub. His durablity has been his main knock over the years and he knows it. One thing I have observed this year as a Schaub owner is that he has made a point of getting up fast after big hits and trying as hard as he can to stay in the game when he gets dinged up. Don't worry about him leaving the game if he takes a hit.

No you're not crazy to think about sitting Peterson, but I would never advise anyone to get cute in the playoffs and bench the #1 overall draft choice. Peterson is a must start each and every week.

Thats pretty much what I was going to do, thanks for reaffirming my thoughts!!

brtdud7

thank god i started santonio holmes because now MSW isnt gonna play

in my other league, pick 3 WR to start? randy moss, roddy, steve smith(ny), derrick mason, crabtree

i also have jonathan stewart and can start him and then only 2 WR

I don't like Stewart against the Patriots this week

I would go with: Moss, Steve Smith and Derrick Mason

I don't like Roddy against the Saints who shut down Randy Moss and I have a feeling that the Niners are going to get shut down big time against the Cards.

Garcon has been pretty streaky. I would watch the Brady news (I think he'll play) but if Brady can't go, I would start Garcon over Moss.

Romo sucks in December so I would go with Rivers. I see San Diego needing to beat Dallas through the air.

Ganther is the "starter" but the carries will be split between him, Cartwright and Mason. I don't think he will get enough work even against the Raiders to warrant starting him over a disappointing Forte.

I would go wth Burleson against the Texans

Good Luck

brtdud7

i got one last one for ya

should i pick up ganther and start him over brandon jacobs, or will there not be a significant point difference between them?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Dr. Slabaugh:

With many playoff teams having Percy Harvin as a WR2 or WR3 this weekend, what are your thoughts regarding his status, and what we can expect if he goes?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Okay Chris pick two out of this mess.

I'm not playing Turner even if he plays

Bradshaw/Jacobs @PHI
J Snelling @ NO
Moats @ SEA

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Moats the best. Brown might get the goalline carries but I think that Moats will outperform him overall. The Texans have a great fantasy playoff schedule so both are absolutely worth stashing on your roster if they happen to be available in your league.
(If for nothing else other then playing keep away)