The Cowboys don't need a new coach, they need players!

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
NFL Videos: Irvin calls out Cowboys

I think Irvin is totally wrong here.

Deion is right, the coach can't make the plays for you.
The week before, three of Kitna's four picks were the receiver's fault!!!

I am a die-hard Eagles fan, but even this too disgusting for me to watch such poor football at this level. The Cowboys are 1-7 but playing worse than the Bills who are 0-8! The Bills are at least making a game of it and coming close to winning.

I am still playing football, but every week I go out with the intention and the motivation that we can win. When we lose and the some of my teammate don't make plays, they let me down and I let them know that. What am I supposed to do, try to motivate them? If you're not ready to play or you think we'll lose every game, get off the damn field. Make a damn play!

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Its easier to replace one guy, rather than 53, though. I agree that the players aren't doing their jobs well this season. Maybe they have given up on the coaching staff????? Look what happened in Baltimore last baseball season when Showalter took over. The Orioles actually played well down the stretch.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Attitude reflects leadership.

True, the coach is on the sidelines but so much of this game is mental and I think that's what we're seeing here more than a lack of fundamentals. The routes are clean and mostly polished, their protection is on point for the most part, not to take anything away from Dez's God-given talent but they've managed to make a rookie decently productive against some fierce defenses so they're doing something right. Not to mention Kitna jumped off the pine and hasn't been terrible. As GFL said, most of his INT are the WR's fault.

Its not what we see on the field, its what happens off the field that often times has the most impact on a team on game day. The coach is primarily responsible for that element and not so much the players. I respect Roy Williams in saying that bringing a new coach in won't change anything cuz he's not on the field, making blocks, making tackles, making passing, making catches.... but there's something to be said about how you nurture your team when nobody's looking that is the difference maker in this level of play. Without proper NFL caliber nurturing, nature will step in and leave you with a 1-7 record.

Take Raheem Morris for example. The Bucs are the best in the NFC? No... not yet. Maybe not even this year (probably not this year) but he chose to instill a confidence that empowered a young team to walk confidently into Hotlanta and come within an onside kick of knocking off the infamous Matt Ryan and his ridiculous (in a good way) home winning record. That's leadership. That's the effect it has on a team on game day.

Last edited by a moderator:

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
Take Raheem Morris for example. The Bucs are the best in the NFC? No... not yet. Maybe not even this year (probably not this year) but he chose to instill a confidence that empowered a young team to walk confidently into Hotlanta and come within an onside kick of knocking off the emphasis Matt Ryan and his ridiculous (in a good way) home winning record. That's leadership. That's the effect it has on a team on game day.

I saw that this Sunday, his speech after the game when they beat St. Louis. That fired me up! I was like I wish he could motivate my touch football team to play better. Everytime my team teakes the field, most of my players expect us to lose and hope to win. Which I think is a poor attitude. By the way, my team is like 4-50-1 in the past like five seasons! :biglaugh: