Texans released RB Ahman Green.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
No link yet and not a shocker. Green may catch on to a desperate team as a camp body but he needs to prove durability and at least 60% tread left on the tires in order to be considered a guy who can produce for a team.

Linkage to the dumpage

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He may be an injury pick up. If a team loses an RB during pre-season, or during season...a late pickup isn't out of the realm of possibility. But I don't see anyone going straight out to go get him now

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
If they grab someone, would they go to a RBBC with Slaton? Or would Slaton be the main RB and someone else be a change of pace back?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If they grab someone, would they go to a RBBC with Slaton? Or would Slaton be the main RB and someone else be a change of pace back?
I gotta agree with Mills. They need another back to take some of the load off of Slaton. I don't know who they would look at, but a big bruiser who could take some of the tough yards would help Slaton a ton!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hmmm......a complimentary back to go with Slaton....

Here he is:

Liberty_logo.gif
Rashad Jennings, Liberty
Height: 6-1. Weight: 234.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2009): 3.

1/3/09: Rashad Jennings finished his sterling 2008 campaign with 1,500 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.
10/18/08: For those of you who don't follow 1-AA football, Liberty is undefeated. The main reason is Rashad Jennings, who is literally carrying the Flames, Through six games, Jennings has 725 yards and eight touchdowns on a 5.6 YPC clip. NFL GMs and scouts are going to love his 40 time.

5/21/08: Rashad Jennings is a transfer from Pittsburgh, but he didn't switch schools because he couldn't keep up; he had family issues to deal with. At Liberty, Jennings totaled 1,113 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Arctic Dawgs

Hmmm......a complimentary back to go with Slaton....

Here he is:

Liberty_logo.gif
Rashad Jennings, Liberty
Height: 6-1. Weight: 234.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2009): 3.
1/3/09: Rashad Jennings finished his sterling 2008 campaign with 1,500 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.

They will have to trade up to get ahead of Seattle in Rd #3 then
:pickle: