Team Need a Center? Top 5 FA centers

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Center is one of the most under-rated positions in the NFL IMO. Here is a good article on the top center's available in free agency.

From a Bengals fan perspective, I would love for Cincy to go after Saturday if the Colts don't re-sign him, he would be a huge for the further development of Carson Palmer.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Agreed, and I think the Bengals are in a good position for a vet center. The defense wasn't bad and should get better, Carson will be back, etc.. not a rebuilding situation. Spend a 1st on a tackle, get a vet center and that line could really take some positive steps. Sounds like they'll be affordable enough for even Mike Brown.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Agreed, and I think the Bengals are in a good position for a vet center. The defense wasn't bad and should get better, Carson will be back, etc.. not a rebuilding situation. Spend a 1st on a tackle, get a vet center and that line could really take some positive steps. Sounds like they'll be affordable enough for even Mike Brown.
I like the way your thinking O! I would not mind any of the top 3, but Saturday would be a heck of a signing.

Arctic Dawgs

Look for Seattle to be involved in the chatter over FA centres as well

Coachnorm

A small crop with only a couple of actual difference makers. But that is free agency when it comes to O lines and D lines. Most teams try and sew these guys up for the long term. Makes grabbing either Colts Saturday or Vikings Birk very essential if you want to make a true impact.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Another thing to keep in min here is that this is an unusually strong class of rookie centers. I have a feeling it truly will be a buyers market when it comes to centers.

Coachnorm

Another thing to keep in min here is that this is an unusually strong class of rookie centers. I have a feeling it truly will be a buyers market when it comes to centers.

Dang it, Now you made me curious.

Combine Centers

Alex Mack/California
Eric Wood/Louisville
A. Q. Shipley/Penn State
Johnathan Luigs/Arkansas
Bret Helms/LSU
Alex Fletcher/Stanford
Robby Felix/ Texas El Paso
Jon Cooper/ Oklahoma

No particular order, still have the Combine yet to go. Most of these guys are out of some good programs. I have seen Alex Mack projected as a possible first round pick so if you are going to go reseach some centers that is a good starting point.

Coachnorm

That can be both good and bad. If you are the Bengals and you want Saturday the bigger bargain he becomes the more likely the Colts can squeeze him under the cap.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Dang it, Now you made me curious.

Combine Centers

Alex Mack/California
Eric Wood/Louisville
A. Q. Shipley/Penn State
Johnathan Luigs/Arkansas
Bret Helms/LSU
Alex Fletcher/Stanford
Robby Felix/ Texas El Paso
Jon Cooper/ Oklahoma

No particular order, still have the Combine yet to go. Most of these guys are out of some good programs. I have seen Alex Mack projected as a possible first round pick so if you are going to go reseach some centers that is a good starting point.
Toss Max Unger's name in there as well. He projects to either C/OG in the NFL. He's out of Oregon.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That can be both good and bad. If you are the Bengals and you want Saturday the bigger bargain he becomes the more likely the Colts can squeeze him under the cap.
Wasn't speaking about anyone specific....just saying if you want to fill this need you have a ton of choices to do it buy, not need to overpay for anyone.