Stafford is a QB1

Runnik's Hambones

I believe this is the consensus fact. If he stays healthy he's good enough to be a starter. Let's look back over the last 3 pre-season games against Cincy, Cleveland, NE.

24/31, 77%, 356 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs

Remote Controller

Trust this but cover your ass. I could roll with Stafford, but I would need to also roster another proven vet. The Lions are still going to have to address how to do something other than pass. The Pack has figured this out but the lions aren't the Pack.

Runnik's Hambones

I'm obviously not saying that you should put all of your faith in Stafford. I'm just saying that he's talented enough to be considered a QB1 that can be had late. I'm a strong believer in waiting on QBs. Stafford is a good target.

cctekguy

Staff member
I think he was a #1 last season but he couldn't stay on the field.

Same could be true this season but definitely worth trying him.

Remote Controller

I'm obviously not saying that you should put all of your faith in Stafford. I'm just saying that he's talented enough to be considered a QB1 that can be had late. I'm a strong believer in waiting on QBs. Stafford is a good target.
I understand, and agree. Your initial post asked a question that I answered with the caveat of "cover your ass".

Coachnorm

If you like to wait on a QB to load up on other positions Stafford is a nice candidate for the pick a pair 'o' QBs later plan

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Any kind of success in the motor city will depend if Stafford can stay healthy or not. Hope he does. Like to see what that team can do with all that talent and a healthy qb.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
I like Detroit this year, team's looking good. Obviously Stafford's health is the biggest concern, and has been mentioned several times already, but isn't that true of almost every franchise concerning their QB1?

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I like Detroit this year, team's looking good. Obviously Stafford's health is the biggest concern, and has been mentioned several times already, but isn't that true of almost every franchise concerning their QB1?

Yep totally agree but with Detroit its alittle different. For as long they have been bad and all they have gone thru, kinda have a soft spot for them and would like them to have winning seasons and get out of that slump.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I have been a closet fan of detroit due to Barry Sanders. Loved watching him run.

I have to think this is one of the best teams they have fielded, even then. Good balance, and a D-line to absolutely fear. Which helps the questionable secondary.

In a very tough division though...with Superbowl champs G.B. still solid, Minny addressing Qb and Chicago trying to address the O-line.

I think Detroit can get a wc this year.

#1bears fan

I would start him in some situations but I wouldnt draft him as my #1 QB. Until that boy learns how to be tackled hes a huge injury risk. As a BEARS fan I dont like Detroit but I hate them the least out of our division.!!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
How much of a factor, or non factor, to the Lions' success is the loss of Leshoure?
I think that depends.

I do think they intended to run much, much more with LeShoure pounding and Best working the outside to help protect Stafford. I think if Best can stay healthy, and Harrison or Bell or some other back steps up...they are fine. If Stafford keeps passing too much, then I think you risk the season.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I think that depends.

I do think they intended to run much, much more with LeShoure pounding and Best working the outside to help protect Stafford. I think if Best can stay healthy, and Harrison or Bell or some other back steps up...they are fine. If Stafford keeps passing too much, then I think you risk the season.

I agree, they have to get a productive running game going. Can't let Stafford sit back and pass all day or your gonna risk him scrambling for his life and risk injury again. Get a running game going and let him get comfortable in the pocket and they should suprise some teams this year. 2011-2012 cindarella team maybe?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I think that depends.

Harrison has gotten better and better as the preseason has went on. Harrison can be the between the tackles runner and Best can hit the outside.

Arctic Dawgs

Just went through 6 MFL leagues and he is sitting at #5 or 6 QB so far this weekend. Before the Dallas/Jets game

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Its only 1 weekend of football but he had to shut up some nay sayers about him. He showed what he can do when healthy against a good defence.