So who has the NASTIER D? Balt or Pitt?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You can define a nasty defense any way you want. Looks to me like the two nastiest D's in the league square off this weekend. These teams are tough, physical & vicious!! So which one would you give the title of the NFL's nastiest defense to????

Runnik's Hambones

I'd have to go with the Steelers. Before last night I would have said the Ravens, although I think they played poorly against the Titans (I know they had 3 turnovers, but to me they seemed more like Titan's mistakes than Raven's force). Watching the Steelers just dismantle the Chargers after the 1st quarter was breathtaking. I'd have to go with Pitt has having the nastiest right now.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Sorry R.H. but the Ravens forced those Takeaways those were some good hits. Hard hitting wise I would take the Ravens. That Ray Lewis hit on Hall the FB was the hardest hit I think I have ever seen in a game. Overall defense its gotta be the Steelers, almost at the top of every defensive category.....

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
~The Ravens defense is a nasty bunch that's for sure. But the Steelers D is nasty in their own right and will be enough to take care of Flacco and company. The Steelers offense is much better than anything the Ravens defense has seen thru-out the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i'll give the title to whoever wins this weekend i suppose. game sure isnt going to be won by any offensive stars, thats for sure.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
You knew the answer to this question even before you asked it:
53-woodley-kills.jpg

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
~The Ravens defense is a nasty bunch that's for sure. But the Steelers D is nasty in their own right and will be enough to take care of Flacco and company. The Steelers offense is much better than anything the Ravens defense has seen thru-out the playoffs.

:payattention

Mike

Administrator
If it werent for the play clock getting extended for 2 seconds on a key 3rd and 2, we might not be having this discussion ;)

I think the nastiest D is Baltimore, these guys play to hurt you. I think the better D is Pittsburgh. Really not much separation though in the quality of these defenses

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Here's my take....Pitt is the better defense from an all around standpoint....but whan I think NASTY, Baltimore is the first team that comes to mind! They are just a frightening defense that will leave you gasping for air.....I think Baltimore gets the title, yet still loses this game in the end.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
Here's my take....Pitt is the better defense from an all around standpoint....but whan I think NASTY, Baltimore is the first team that comes to mind! They are just a frightening defense that will leave you gasping for air.....I think Baltimore gets the title, yet still loses this game in the end.

i actually sorta thought this way too, but i felt like it was a copout. i do think baltimore's D just seems "nastier" though.

Hollywoodnash

TO THE DEATH
The Steelers have the better overall defense from top to bottom. The Baltimore Defense is a much harder hitting defense, which they showed against Tennessee. While the Titans did move the ball effectively, it was the constant pounding by the hard hitting defenders that forced turnovers, and this is what Baltimore thrives on defensively.

The better defense is Pit. The nastier defense is Bal.