So WHAT is the deal with Cincinnati?

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
:headscratch:

It was supposed to be a growing year. It was supposed to be a winning year. It was supposed to be a dominating year.

Coaching? Nope. As I talk with Cincy folk, it's the ownership. Another Al Davis situation where the owner has to control. Everything.

How do we strike?

I know. The only thing grassroots folk can really do. Mobilize. Make noise. Unify the objective. If only to make a point that we still have a voice. Ownership may have to concede on this one to avoid having to answer to the "big one". That is, by the way, as the Pittsburgh Pirates do, just have no fans at the baseball game. They just make their money as owners and go home.

Do you want that?! Then start a lobby to change the Confounded uniform! It will build team morale, and believe me as a sports fan it makes a difference.

Make it big. Through the entire US get names of people who will log on as a supporter of the "Cincy Crush" Cause. Or something like that. CCC. Cincy "Crush Mission". Make it tough.
What
'ya
Think?

P.S. They were even purported to have a good defense this year of "wha' happened?".

Last edited by a moderator:

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
The changing of the uniform has a lot to do with perceptions and visualizing "class" is not all subjective. The Independence Bowl tonight is an example of uniform potential to build a concept. When you saw Air Force's names "Freedom" and "Service" say it didn't impact you. Well, I might argue a symbol could make an impact too. Or a theme. Bolder patterns, for instance. Couldn't a thicker tribal stripe convey "boldness"? Come on guys, use your imagination. It's only an idea.

The point I was trying to make is make a voice about something. The uniforms are an example you could get the whole country involved in as a "fad". Have you all ever heard how "fads" become successful? It only takes a little point of acceleration to boost an idea. And the country would get involved with it just for the fun of it.

Make it anything you can force ownership to do something over. It's all about making a statement. You are correct. Many will think it's undoable or ridiculous. But I promise you the more ridiculous you make it the better. Who ever thought of the name GOOGLE and why?

You get enough V-signatures or hits on a website (actually, although I didn't mean it to be used for this) you could make a mint off this even if it never gets to the ownership.

Ask me how and I'll tell you. There's more than meets the eye here. Not all that appears stupid is stupid. And ideas grow from ideas, which I will discuss in a little bit.

Miller, since it's you...I'll tell you now. If you get a lot of hits on advertiser's links on a website you get paid for it. Google AdSense it's called and for some people they develop a good site and live off the proceeds.

Even as ridiculous as changing the uniforms is, it's a "talking point" the whole country could get involved in for symbolism of support for your plight with ownership to "make a point". How many people in the country do you think would like to "make a point" just to feel better about themselves??

I digress; my attorney friend says one of their clients has a medical supply website or something of a research website that's free and he is making over $200,000 just off the advertising on GoogleAdSense. It's how he makes his living. He doesn't sell anything but information for free. So maybe you'd only make $10,000 a year.

Dumb like a fox? We win on two levels. Give a new uniform making ownership at least realize fans have SOME pull. And money coming in for doing nothing but entertaining the country in the meantime. Call it a gimmick if you like. But it's not cheating. It's not illegal. It'$ ju$t plain dumb.

Are you getting anything else from your team right now??

There ya have it. Happy New Year!

P.S. Thanks for the input on my idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
There have been repeated emails that have been sent to Mr. Brown, begging him to hire a football minded man in to run the team as GM. All responses have been no, it won't happen. Local radio guy Lance McCallister has some samples on his blog site if you don't believe me.

As such, I can see two scenarios.

1) They somehow retain Lewis, and then get rid of alot of high priced players that either have or have not played well. I think in this scenario you say good bye to Chad, T.O. and some defense players who have not panned out. Unfortunately, you also may say goodbye to a very good CB in Joseph. I also think you see a new OC, as SOME kind of change needs to happen. Look for a more run dominated team again....with a young Qb drafted.

2) total wipe out. Lewis gone, OC gone, Palmer gone, Benson gone, T.O., Chad and a few others gone. They will use the fact they are rebuilding to excuse more losing. However, they may be lucky enough to fall into some real talent...especially if Luck goes pro. Look for a Coordinator or NCAA coach to be hired. They will be a mess again, for a few years.

neither is a good scenario. Take heart, as for the first time in years Cincy has not had sell outs and that is money out of Brown's pocket. That actually makes him listen. But it won't make him change.

Remote Controller

Coach and CJ should have been tossed away a long time ago, and players like TO never considered.

10, 9 , 8, 7, 6.............i gotta go. lol!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So....changing a uniform to line Mr. Brown's pockets with additional money that he won't put back into the team is the answer?? No thanks....the uniforms are one of the only thing i like about the team at the moment.

And I'm all for making a stand and find this a very interesting take..... I just think that it will take a funeral for Mike Brown to have any hope of any real change for the Bengals franchise.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Well somethin's gotta change. They had way too much promise this year to let "whoever" off the hook.

In this day of electronic media you should be able to shake the owner just a little through sheer numbers of protesters. If you got media attention it would be all over. You would make $10000.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well somethin's gotta change. They had way too much promise this year to let "whoever" off the hook.

In this day of electronic media you should be able to shake the owner just a little through sheer numbers of protesters. If you got media attention it would be all over. You would make $10000.
With normal owner, I'd say you would be right on track....however, Mike Brown is not your "normal" owner.....he just doesn't care as long as fans keep showing up. Then when his gate suffers he does just enough to gets fans excited again and then the same cycle repeats itself.

Until there is an ownership change, sustained success will be almost impossible to achieve. You can see some limited success and some flashes, but nothing consistent.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
i'll take it.

As a Pittsburgher unable to watch Cincinnati implode without objecting there is real cause for pause.

:toast:
Happy New Year!!

P.S. You would actually make $10,000 lol.