So How About QB Jeff Garcia?

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I'll take him on my flag football team any day.

Sadly I doubt he gets a starting gig even though he wasn't horrible last season. Holding a clip board may be his only option to stay in the league. I doubt the Lions go with him as they have plenty of stop gaps under roster now.

Donning my tin-foil hat I could see the following:

Depending on how trades go he could wind up in New England as cheaper Brady insurance. He could be had for the vet minimum as opposed to eating big time cash for a backup.

Cleveland (again) could go with him to push Brady should they decide to trade Edwards and if there were any takers.

Bills could be another team that may want to groom Edwards more before sending him into the breach once more so Garcia could be useful to both mentor and fill in should the need arise.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
that's nthe team that popped to mind for me Coach, he would be a vast upgrade over TJax and Gus.

Coachnorm

Could be a nice fit. All the pieces in place already. Just need a QB for one year. Garcia probably has only one or two left.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I thought Vikes but got the feeling watching them this year they should be in the market for a guy who can win now but will also be able to win for a few more years, too. Yes the Vikes are darn close to making a run at the Super Bowl and I think they need to bring in major firepower behind center. The other teams I cite are looking at backups or insurance policies. The Vikes need a no crap starter.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Ram, you are forgetting that the HC of the Vikes was OC in Philly when Garcia saved the year for the Eagles. They will have to decide if Booty is the future, or draft another Qb, but Garcia with that running game, and a very solid Wr core of Berrian and Rice could be a solid start for Minny.