Singletary's thoughtd on Vick

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
And hes been out of the game two years, which means your basically getting a 26-27 year old body, one that has not been pounded on in quite some time.

efactor

Coming at you
Before he broke his leg in Atlanta, he had some major speed and moves. After the incident, he lost a few steps, now out of the game and trying to come back, i just can't see him being half the mediocre qb he was in the first place.

I don't think he lost anything after the broken leg. He seemed just as quick as ever.............

I think the time out of the game may actually help him. Maybe he will appreciate the opportunity that he had and make the most of his next chance and become a complete QB. What Vick lacked as a QB can be taught. Just a matter of making that your number one priority, which I don't think he ever did previously. Always thought raw talent was enough.........

I hope SF does take a chance on him because it could pay major dividends. While I realize that Steve Young is miles ahead of Vick in the mental portion of the game, he had some of the same accuracy issues in the beginning of his career. There were times I thought he would get Rice and Taylor killed when he would throw passes that made them defenseless when they would go up for the catch. With the right coaching, I still think Vick can be a complete QB, not in 2009, but 2010 and beyond if he has the right mindset.........

And hes been out of the game two years, which means your basically getting a 26-27 year old body, one that has not been pounded on in quite some time.

At least not in the way you typically would expect.

Bubba (aka Inmate 57496): Mikey, yu got y'rself a purdy lil mouff

Mikey: Turns to walk away

Bubba: Mikey, n'ver mind bout yur mouff.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, I have stayed out of this one...but want to state some things here.

First, as to the crime he committed. Yes it was cruel and heinous. I won't deny that.
Second, he did his time. He has paid for his crime and is now or will soon be free.

Thirdly, as such, I feel he derserves to show he has changed...and be given another chance. Yes in the NFL. He needs to step up though and show his mistakes...his work with the SPCA is a great idea. If he gets a decent contract some donation there also would be a good move.

As for where he plays.....Vick never was, and never will be a good Qb. Sorry folks...it just never was. He would be much, much more useful to a team as a 3rd down wild card option. He could line up at Rb, Wr or Qb and give the offense a huge advantage there. But he never should have been tagged a franchise Qb...he basically was a Rb at the Qb position.

I am betting that if he does as I suggested...he will be reinstated by the NFL. I also think if that happens...someone will sign him for just as I suggested. Then you just have to see if he learned his lesson and puts the past behind him.

efactor

Coming at you
Vick never was, and never will be a good Qb. Sorry folks...it just never was. He would be much, much more useful to a team as a 3rd down wild card option. He could line up at Rb, Wr or Qb and give the offense a huge advantage there. But he never should have been tagged a franchise Qb...he basically was a Rb at the Qb position..

Gotta disagree here. While he had accuracy problems, the guy has a cannon arm and throws a nice, tight spiral. Definitely not the arm of a running back. He also didn't have the benefit of even an average group of receivers during his time in Atlanta. While Roddy White did turn into a very good receiver, he was typical of most young receivers coming into the game and took time to develop.

I think his turning into a media star hurt his development as a QB. I think he felt that he always needed to do something spectacular instead of adapting to the situation and taking what the defense gave him. It's also obvious he spent too much time with his posse on non-football related activities. I really believe the guy still has time to become a very good QB with the right focus and direction. As a fan, I hope this happens because Vick is a lot of fun to watch.

Will be interesting to see where he lands.