Senior Bowl Risers

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Alright, Senior Bowl week is over, so who helped themselves the most over the last week? Here are my thoughts in no particular order:

• RB Andre Brown ended an impressive week with a nice game. He looks to be a strong and decisive runner who can get down field. His timed speed may be the last hurdle for him to clear at the combine, but overall this mid rounder is gathering some attention and is someone who could be sneaking into the 3rd round area.
  • RB Jeremiah Johnson was my favorite RB at the senior bowl. He's small in size, but has a great burst, good vision, and the ability to make you miss in the open field. For his size, he is put together very well and will end up running bigger than his size. If he can follow up his senior bowl week with a good combine you could be looking at a guy on the rise. At this point he should be looked at as a 3rd-4th rounder with 2nd round upside if he has a good combine.
  • RB Rashard Jennings is another mid round back you helped himself this week. He looked good in practice and showed some flashes last night in the game as well.
  • DT Peria Jerry had a great week but was over-shadowed by BJ Raji....until last night. Jerry was a beast in the game last night and may have just locked up a first round selection for himself.
  • DT BJ Raji, don't get me wrong, as good as Jerry looked in the game, Raji was a stud all week. He had a solid game last night as well. Raji is the best DT available and his stock should be on the rise after this week, when it's all said and done, I still expect him to crack the top 10.
  • DE Robert Ayers has a nice week, but definatly helped himself last night! Ayers showed the ability to get around the corner with his edge rush as he blew by Phil Loadhurt to force a fumble in the end zone. Ayers ability to get after the pass rusher will make him an intriguing mid round pick.
  • USC LB's, all three were there, and through the week it was Brian Cushing who was catching my attention. I think he's the most complete of the three. However, Ray Maualuga did what he does best last night in the game, be around the ball and make plays. Guy just looks like a player in the games. Both should be solid first round selections. Maualuga is the type of player someone could fall in love with and cause him to go higher than many think he should.
  • OLB Marcus Freeman has a very good week. He was a bit quite in the game last night, but overall i think he helped himslef this week with a strong showing.
  • ILB Scott McKillop was very impressive in the game. he has a good nise for the ball and has a knack for being around the action.
  • S Patrick Chung is a big hitter who can be an intimadator at the next level. He was solid all week and and show cased his but stick by laying out Patrick Tunrer in the game.
  • WR Derrick Williams had a very good week and did what he needed to to keep himself in the hunt to come off the board in the 2nd round.
  • WR Mike Wallace has a solid week and was able to get deep and haul in a 40 yard TD pass from Pat White. He did nothing to hurt his stock this week.
  • QB Pat White took home the MVP and was very shity with the ball in his hands. He tossed a very nice deep ball to Mike Wallace on the TD. There is some negatives though, overall his passing left a lot to be desired. He is not a starting QB in the NFL, if he refuses to run routes for scouts he could end up hurting himself, he's a nice prospect as an athlete, but a very shaky QB prospect.
  • CB Coye Francies had a great week and capped it off with a great game. He's a tougg, physical corner who is good in man coverage. he helped himself this week.
  • Alex Mack looked like the best center in the draft this week and put himslef in discussion for the end of rd 1.
  • Max Unger is another center prospect who had a solid week, he also showed great flexibity with the ability to slid to OG.

Fire

in the hole
Thanks for the nice write up on this, Miller.

I heard mostly good things about Loadholt, the OT from Oklahoma. The only negative I heard was that he had trouble handling speed rushers in one practice, but came back the next day to do a good job against them. One of the most impressive OT's all week from things I have read.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree on Loadhurt. I think he has a nice week and his biggest knock is his inability to handle the speed pass rush. He is a huge dude though. Not sure his stock soared, but he didn't hurt himself. Same with Oher, solid week and likely will stick in the top 15 area after this week, but wasn't as dominant as he needed to be in order to jump back into the top 5 talk IMO.