Ryan Mallett - Moron?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Heard some things on local sports radio indicating this guy has the "Clausen/VY Im better than I really am" attitude and is expected to score in the single digits on the Wonderlich.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I hope Im not missing the boat on the next Peyton Manning or something, but I really dont like what I hear.

jack2jack

mallet the falice?

is it falice? I don't care to look it up.

I have heard all over the place how much of a doucher this guy is. a real dick and balls.

this is actually an interesting draft profile on him: 2011 NFL Draft Player Profile: Ryan Mallett |

this site says he's arrogant (duh), but also says he's recently been involved with drugs? I didn't know about this.

but if its true, he just went up a level on the douche scale.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He better have all the right answers and kill at his pro day and the combine or he is costing himself millions with his antics

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I kind of like the kid. He has tools, and can make most of the throws. This is the prototypical kid you draft to sit and learn his first year. You don't throw him to the fire, as his ego will make him make huge mistakes. Give him at least a year, and learn the league, system and develop, and I think he could be solid. Having an ego isn't the end all, if it is channelled correctly. Buffalo is in a great shot to get him early 2nd, and not have a huge price tag to fight for him. Let him learn under Fitz and be ready in a year or so.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He is probably going to head to a team that will need him pretty quick

Not necessarily.

If he goes late round 1, he will be on a pretty established team. Or if he goes early 2nd, like Buffalo, they have a stop gap Qb to use till he is ready.

If he ends up in San Fran or Arizona, they at least have tools for him to use. Hell, San Fran has a great young O-line as well, so that isn't a huge risk.

Fire

in the hole
I heard Terry Bradshaw could not spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the A, but he won 4 Super Bowls.

Coachnorm

I listened to some Sirris sports radio in my brothers car tonight. They were saying Mallet really lit it up in the throwing drills!!

Coachnorm

On the flip side. SI.com's Don Banks refers to Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett's Saturday media appearance as a "train wreck".

Runnik's Hambones

I think Mallett ought to be the #2 QB drafted this year behind Newton. I understand character questions but this draft does not impress me QB wise. Gabbert has been rising boards by default, Jake Locker was never even all that good, IMO, and Mallett has the best arm out of any QB in this draft, hands down.

Is he an idiot? I doubt it. Is he cocky asshole child? Likely. But I'd just as soon trade out of a spot or draft a different position this year before I picked any other QB besides Newton or Mallett.

Fire

in the hole
This from Rotoworld:

Mallett bombed his media interview and refused to run a forty-yard dash, but looked great airing it out in a t-shirt and shorts. While Mallett's arm strength is always going to be a plus, there are very few NFL insiders left that believe he'll be a first-round pick. He could get heavy interest in the top of round two, however, from teams like the Bengals at No. 35 overall.