Rookie draft for dynasty

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Ball's value has dropped because per all reports the starter is and will be Hillman. HC is in love with Hillman

Phicinfan

Administrator
Honestly, even if it isn't PPR I would have taken Giovani Bernard. He will be a double threat and will eventually be THE back in Cincy

ExperiencedRookie

Honestly, even if it isn't PPR I would have taken Giovani Bernard. He will be a double threat and will eventually be THE back in Cincy
He was my target going in at the 5 spot. I kind of thought he was going to make it to me. However, he was the #2 overall selection

ExperiencedRookie

Need some thoughts on some deeper picks. I've got 2.05, 3.02, and 3.05 as well.

With Luck and Fitzpatrick at QB I'd like to land EJ Manuel in the 2nd round. I have my fingers crossed for C Michaels in Seattle though. K Thompkins in NE also intrigues me

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tes seem to drop - Eifert, Ertz, Kelce
Rbs - Lattimore if they sleep on him, Christine Michael in Seattle
Wrs - Woods in Buf, Allen in SD
Qbs - Manuel in Buf, Rookie in Philly(since neither vick or Foles will be there next year IMO).

ExperiencedRookie

I'm not big on Stacy. I feel like if STL had no faith in their current RBs when heading into the draft, they wouldn't have waited so long on Stacy.

I haven't heard much on Wheaton. Lots of young WRs in Pitt, and Brown is locked up long term.

ExperiencedRookie

Update:
1. Bell
2. Bernard
3. Hopkins
4. Lacy
5. Ball (me)
6. Patterson
7. Austin
8. Zac Stacy
9. Jonathon Feanklin
10. Tyler Eifert
11. Zachary Ertz
12. Keenan Allen
2.01 Stepfan Taylor
2.05 My pick

Last edited:

Arctic Dawgs

Lattomore should be in the mix there as well. I got Michael at #22 last week which shocked me. Maybe he is falling a bit now

ExperiencedRookie

Lattomore should be in the mix there as well. I got Michael at #22 last week which shocked me. Maybe he is falling a bit now
Well I'm essentially trying to land him at 17th overall, which I would be VERY happy with.

I'd take him over Lattimore personally. I realize Gore is probably winding down, but SF seems to have so many RBs. Plus, his legs are pretty trashed

ExperiencedRookie

Wound up picking EJ Manuel as C Michael came off right before my pick.

It was good value at 2.05 and filled a need. Only have Luck and Fitzpatrick at QB

ExperiencedRookie

Update (Not that anyone cares)
1. Bell
2. Bernard
3. Hopkins
4. Lacy
5. Ball (me)
6. Patterson
7. Austin
8. Zac Stacy
9. Jonathon Feanklin
10. Tyler Eifert
11. Zachary Ertz
12. Keenan Allen
2.01 Stepfan Taylor
2.02 Geno Smith
2.03 Knile Davis
2.04 Christine Michael
2.05 EJ Manuel (me)
2.06 Marcus Lattimore
2.07 Aaron Dobson
2.08 Denard Robinson
2.09 Robert Woods
2.10 Kenbrell Thompkins
2.11 Zach Sudfeld
2.12 Mike GIllislee
3.01 Kenjon Barner
3.02 Joseph Randle (me)
3.05 (my last pick)

Any thoughts on the last guy to grab here. My 1st instinct was to take Matt Barkley and stash him on my taxi squad for a few years. Im kind of coming off that idea now though.

Markus Wheaton, Justin Hunter, Latavius Murray, Travis Kelce, Andre Ellington, Terrence Williams, Quinton Patton are the guys who Im considering.

A

Axe Elf

Of that bunch, I'd say Wheaton, then probly Murray, and if I was predrafting, I'd probly put Kelce in the third slot, unless TEs aren't important in your league or something.

ExperiencedRookie

Of that bunch, I'd say Wheaton, then probly Murray, and if I was predrafting, I'd probly put Kelce in the third slot, unless TEs aren't important in your league or something.

Kelce becomes less interesting to me since I already have Jimmy Graham signed to a 4 year deal and Martellus Bennett backing him up for a 4 yr deal of his own.

I kind of like Ellington in Arizona. That RB situation feels somewhat similar to Washington last year where there's no particular RB who shines too much. I kind of like Patton in SF and Williams in Dallas too. Maybe I need to take a closer look at Wheaton though.

A

Axe Elf

Wheaton is supposed to be the deep threat replacement for Mike Wallace. If he becomes that, he's probly the most valuable of all you listed. Ellington is interesting, but they also have Stepfan Taylor, so Ellington is like fourth in the pecking order. Patton has had his chance to step up in SF, but hasn't really separated himself from the pack. Williams probly won't be more than a WR4 with three solids in front of him.