Romo or Palmer?

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I'm 7-2 in my 10 team dynasty league, today is the trade deadline (at noon). My QB is the turnover machine named Tony Romo. Dallas's schedule the rest of the way is pretty neutral but Romo is not playing well. Palmer's schedule is a bit more favorable and he's been playing a little better.

I have an offer on the table that looks like this: Lamar Miller for Carson Palmer and the highest(best) of his 2nd round picks next year.

Would you send Miller for Palmer? I currently own Weeden and Schaub in addition to Romo. I don't think I can play Schaub over Romo cause Foster commands the offense there. Very hit or miss. Weeden is just bye week filler for now until he get better but he's certainly improving. Just terrible offense.

Am I over thinking? Should I just stick with what I have? I'll be going up against Aaron Rodgers here in a few weeks. I need to be prepared. I can't have Romo throwing 5 picks and ending the day at 15 points. That is just terrible.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It doesn't appear that you'd be losing much by dealing Miller away and Palmer is surely heating up. With his 2nd next year you should be able to find a RB with at lest as much promise as Miller has been allowed to show.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'm 7-2 in my 10 team dynasty league, today is the trade deadline (at noon). My QB is the turnover machine named Tony Romo. Dallas's schedule the rest of the way is pretty neutral but Romo is not playing well. Palmer's schedule is a bit more favorable and he's been playing a little better.

I have an offer on the table that looks like this: Lamar Miller for Carson Palmer and the highest(best) of his 2nd round picks next year.

Would you send Miller for Palmer? I currently own Weeden and Schaub in addition to Romo. I don't think I can play Schaub over Romo cause Foster commands the offense there. Very hit or miss. Weeden is just bye week filler for now until he get better but he's certainly improving. Just terrible offense.

Am I over thinking? Should I just stick with what I have? I'll be going up against Aaron Rodgers here in a few weeks. I need to be prepared. I can't have Romo throwing 5 picks and ending the day at 15 points. That is just terrible.

Not sure of your scoring, but in one league I am in I have Schaub and Romo, and schaub is the better producer, and I have been starting him over Romo. To me the question is why are you dealing future gain, for short term gain in a dynasty league you are already winning in?

Lamar is in the dog house now, but I don't see Bush being able to continue this work load. Lamar should be the future in Miami. He is a very talented rb, just choking on blocking on blitzes. I would also say Palmer has thrown as many if not more picks than Romo, so I don't believe you are gaining there at all.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Yeah, I have also come to that deduction Phinci....thanks. You're right, the one thing I hate is guys selling out to "win now" in a dynasty league. It's not right. And that is exactly what I'd be doing. It's so tempting, and the coach that has won like 6 titles out of the last 10 years in this league has done just that, he sells out to win now. Inevitably we have a coach that ends up 2-4 or something and decides to do put on a fire sale to "rebuild" every year. This allows contenders to sell their picks and younger guys (true future players for dynasty purposes) to win it now. I've tried to avoid that and you're reminding me not to do that. I'm going to stick with what I've got.